Can't resolve peer dependencies after update

I updated ionic using:

npm install -g ionic cordova

And created a brand new project.

All seemed fine until I tried to add @ionic-native/network using:

npm install @ionic-native/network --save

This results in a message:

npm WARN @ionic-native/network@4.3.0 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^4.2.0 but none was installed.

So i did:

npm install @ionic-native/core@^4.2.0

Now I get:

npm WARN @ionic-native/splash-screen@3.12.1 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^3.6.0 but none was installed.

npm WARN @ionic-native/status-bar@3.12.1 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^3.6.0 but none was installed.

Using:

npm i

Reverts to the message:

npm WARN @ionic-native/network@4.3.0 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^4.2.0 but none was installed.

So it seems that there are conflicting dependencies on components I need. Can I safely ignore one or other of the warnings, if so which or is there some magic way to get both versions of @ionic-native/core at the same time for the relevant components?

If not, how do I find out which version of @ionic-native/network works with @ionic-native/core@^3.6.0?

Update all your @ionic-native things (including splash-screen) to at least 4.0, and then they will all be OK with the same version of core. You can always see the latest available versions of things with npm v package-name.

I have the same problem… but after update @ionic-native, ihave this result ├── @ionic-native/barcode-scanner@4.3.0
└── UNMET PEER DEPENDENCY @ionic-native/core@4.3.0

npm WARN @ionic-native/splash-screen@3.12.1 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^3.6.0 but none was installed.
npm WARN @ionic-native/status-bar@3.12.1 requires a peer of @ionic-native/core@^3.6.0 but none was installed.

Hi,

I have same problem with my ionic project since few days. I have try everything, re-install node, npm, ionic, Cordova. Always the same issues

I Have solution : edit file package.json
21 AM
and type: npm i

Thanks for the reply. It is somewhat disconcerting for people new to Ionic (like me) that a clean install/refresh does not result in a working setup. My interpretation of what you are saying is at this point some components are on version 3 and some on version 4. Presumably using the version 4 options for splash-screen etc means that we are using Beta code as they have not yet been updated to 4 on the “main” version installed with Ionic?

Perhaps you’re right. My current interpretation, however, is that the base app has stale dependencies. We’ll see what happens.