Can't remove Splash Screen permanently from Android & IOS

Tried with all available ways to remove splash screen from ionic app implemented with anglarjs. With latest ionic version i.e Ionic Framework Version: 1.3.1 & Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.16 , one bug of displaying splash screen in IOS properly has been fixed. I have implemented following steps & able to show fade out effect in splash screen but that is a compromise.

1. In platorms -> ios -> cordova -> defaults.xml added following lines :
    <preference name=“AutoHideSplashScreen” value=“false” />
    <preference name=“ShowSplashScreenSpinner” value=“true” />

2. In Project (Root Folder) -> config.xml added following lines
    <preference name=“AutoHideSplashScreen” value=“false” />
    <preference name=“ShowSplashScreenSpinner” value=“false” />

3. In app.js in run function on ionic platform ready added following lines

setTimeout(function() {
    navigator.splashscreen.hide();
    }, 200);

It works good by giving fading effect, but splash screen is not removed. In android issue of splash screen still persists.

My main objective is to remove the splash screen permanently from ionic cordova app. Kindly provide expert suggestions to remove splash screen permanently from both platforms.

Any kind of suggestion /answers will be highly appreciable.

Thanks

Do you want to change the Splash screen or you want to remove it permanently?

I think, You Can not remove it permanently because when it is shown device is getting ready behind that screen.
• Have you tried with DELETING that image from the Img or resource folder ?

Thanks,
Want to remove permanently. Deleting image from resources folder or any other folder in platforms will not help because it is some where linked with cordova. If you don’t use your own splash screen , phonegap/cordova default screen will appear it means when ever app launches always a first screen i.e splash screen will launch. This is some thing really weird. If we don’t want to use splash screen in app then neither ionic nor cordova facilitates that.

In android its worse firstly we can’t remove splash screen & 2nd your splash screen opens & fades out for 4 secs showing blank screen followed by opening next screen (may be home screen, login screen whatever we used).

I am not able to figure out the solution for this bug in ionic. I think many developers are facing same issue. If so the this is a major draw back.

2 Likes

It’s a little bit late, but this will do the trick