I installed ngCordova using:

• bower install ngCordova --save

Then I included it in my index.html (before cordova.js):

<script src="lib/ngCordova/dist/ng-cordova.js"></script>

And included it as a dependency:

angular.module('myApp', ['ngCordova'])

My project builds fine but when I try to emulate it, I get:

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **
2014-10-06 13:56:47.731 ios-sim[21159:507] stderrPath:/Users/piet/Sites/mobile/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
2014-10-06 13:56:47.732 ios-sim[21159:507] stdoutPath: /Users/piet/Sites/mobile/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 "Simulator session timed out." UserInfo=0x7fa252e0fce0 {NSLocalizedDescription=Simulator session timed out.}
Error: /Users/piet/Sites/mobile/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:756:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:823:5)

Any ideas?

npm -g update ios-sim

Also try “Reset Content and Setting” on the simulator.

@gabber

Thanks for the reply. I updated my ios-sim and “Reset Content and Setting” but I still get roughly the same error:

2014-10-06 14:56:51.769 ios-sim[49820:507] stderrPath: /Users/piet/Sites/mobile/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
2014-10-06 14:56:51.770 ios-sim[49820:507] stdoutPath: /Users/piet/Sites/mobile/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log
Usage of '--family' is deprecated in 3.x. Use --devicetypeid instead.
Usage of '--retina' is deprecated in 3.x. Use --devicetypeid instead.
Session could not be started: Error Domain=DTiPhoneSimulatorErrorDomain Code=2 "Simulator session timed out." UserInfo=0x7fd73d900130 {NSLocalizedDescription=Simulator session timed out.}
Error: /Users/piet/Sites/mobile/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)

Note the added lines:

Usage of '--family' is deprecated in 3.x. Use --devicetypeid instead.
Usage of '--retina' is deprecated in 3.x. Use --devicetypeid instead.

Any other suggestions?

This happend only after you included ngCordova? You could also try to remove and again add the ios platform.
Also, here are some other tips. https://github.com/phonegap/ios-sim/issues/67

Use the command mentioned in following link to launch ios-sim:

Eg:
ios-sim launch platforms/ios/build/emulator/App\ Name.app --devicetypeid “com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6, 8.0”

1 Like

Ok, I’ve discovered something but I’m not sure where to go from here.

To troubleshoot, I started a new ionic project:

ionic start test tabs

I am using Auth0 in my project so I installed auth0-angular using:

bower install auth0-angular --save

Then added the scripts

Build/emulate work fine through this step.

Continuing to follow the directions on Auth0, I added the inappbrowser plugin using:

ionic plugin add org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser

Once I add this plugin and tried to rebuild, I get the error:

The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/test.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVInAppBrowser.o test/Plugins/org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser/CDVInAppBrowser.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Error: /Users/piet/Sites/test/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65

Any thoughts on this?

P.S. I tried running "ios-sim launch platforms/ios/build/emulator/mobile.app --devicetypeid “com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6, 8.0” but I still got the same timeout error as before.

hi,

you need to

• remove plugin
  • remove ios platform
  • re-install plugin
  • end then re-install add ios platform
    after what, you can build

best,