App on iPhone 6 / 6 Plus scaled

I noticed that my app gets scaled on my new iPhone 6. I found out pretty quickly that Xcode needs the launch images for the new screen sizes.

Since Cordova doesn’t support the new iPhones at the moment I wondered if I could add them manually. Does anybody know how to add these images? I don’t know how to add them in Xcode 6 without using the Asset Catalog (I think Cordova doesn’t use it).

Thanks!

Cordova supports the new iPhones just fine.

You can add the splash screens for the new iPhones through Xcode and your app will work without any other modifications (provided you wrote your css to be responsive for all screen sizes).

Thanks for your reply. I was aware of that. My question was how to add the new launch images without using the asset catalog on Xcode 6.

I’m not sure how to add splash screens for specific iPhone models without using the Xcode catalog manager.

However, you don’t need iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus specific splash screens to compile your app. Your app compiles perfectly well for iOS8, and iPhone 6 and 6 Plus run unoptimized apps just as fine. They stretch out the splash screen to account for the bigger screen of course, which is hardly recognisable on iPhone 6, and somewhat more recognisable on 6 Plus.

If you really want your splash screens to be optimized for these screen sizes, I would just install Xcode and do it through there.

My app gets definitely scaled on iPhone 6 / 6 Plus without the correct splash screens (tried it on a real device). After adding the splash screens in Xcode 6 the app runs crystal clear. I’ve used the asset catalog after all and submitted the update to the App Store. I will see how Cordova will handle the new splash screens in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Has anyone experience with phone gap build? I added

<gap:splash gap:platform="ios" height="1334" src="img/splash.png" width="750" />
<gap:splash gap:platform="ios" height="2208" src="img/splash.png" width="1242" />

but my app is still scaled up on the iphone 6 plus…

I have the same issue, my app is scaled, anybody knows the answer??

What about the rest of the app? Everything is scaled on my app, keyboard and etc…
Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!!