Announcing Ionic Payments

Originally published at: Announcing Ionic Payments - Ionic Blog

We are excited to announce Ionic Payments, the official Ionic solution for delivering secure payment experiences across the devices and platforms your customers care about. Powered by a single cross-platform API, you can now seamlessly incorporate Google Pay and Apple Pay into your application then start collecting payments on the web, mobile, and desktop. Why…

2 Likes

As I read is available for enterprise clients only, will it become available for everyone eventually? (maybe in a less powerful edition?)

2 Likes

Is avaliable in all countries? and it have more fees or just the google ones?

Is there any provision for integrating in-app purchases where Google and Apple get their cut?

1 Like

Hello,
Is this will be available also for ionic with cordova ?

I believe they said it is Capacitor 3 and up only.

For In App purchases you will need to use something else. It seems that the cordova-plugin-purchase is the recommended way as it is documented on the Capacitor website here and Ionic sponsors the project.

1 Like

Stay tuned on that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just Capacitor v3 and up for now.

Available in all countries that Apple Pay and Google Pay support. Refer to their docs for the list of countries. It grows all the time, fortunately.

@netkow has there been any new information on this?

I don’t think so :thinking: or, at least, i dint read anything about it

Yeah, I checked on their pricing list. And this is explicitly listed as one of the enterprise perks.

Yes, but they told to stay tuned, maybe for a “light” version or something like that

Hm, I don’t like that either.
In general, I feel like ionic has a very flashy website and blog, but outside of the paid plans (which I can’t judge), things are not really so rosy.

Their native solutions are only included in the “standard” pricing plan. Which is 2499usd per month!!!
And then you don’t even get to use the payments plugin.
That’s included in the “enterprise” version where you have to contact support to get a quote…

1 Like

Hey there (and @ciccilleju) no news on a light version at the moment. However some good news - we just rolled out a Startup plan that includes all Appflow features and the major native solutions including Payments. Thousands of dollars of value for a low price. Check it out here: Indies & Startups - Ionic - The Cross-Platform App Development Leader. Cheers.

2 Likes