Angular or react

Hello.
I will be starting a new PWA project.
Is it better to do with angular or react?
thank you in advance for your opinions

I don’t know if there is a better solution. I have way more experience with angular and absolutly love it, while i’m not so familiar with react and not really “like” it. But this is 100% my personal opinion and other people will give other answers.

So i would prefer to maybe go through the “Getting started” Stuff of both Frameworks and look what you understand more and which is the right for you :blush:

2 Likes

Choose Angular if you want more stable and sustainable framework for fast production.
In other hand, pick react, if you would like to experiment and make high quality rendered interesting project.

2 Likes

I agree with everything @EinfachHans said, and I’ll also add that the #1 thing I despise about React is the way that HTML is mashed up into controller code. In large projects, you often have team members that are familiar with HTML/CSS, and others with JavaScript/TypeScript strength. Even when the same person is wearing both hats, I find it a jarring experience to try to read both at the same time. When I am thinking in template mode, I don’t want to see functional syntax. When I am thinking functionally, I don’t want markup cluttering my view.

4 Likes

what do you know Angular or React? I don’t really understand why you would ask the question in this forum? If I understand the object of Ionic components, it is that it shouldn’t matter if you want to use angular or react… what you are getting are individual opinions without any real context of your experience, your project, your timeline and the list goes on… of unknown facts that can help us give you an answers based on facts and not just opinions.

3 Likes

thank you for your feedback.

i started training with angular and wondering if i should continue angular or think about switching to react.
I ask the question to have the opinions on the 2. I find angular more readable with the separate files as the @rapropos says.
react seems lighter to me as there are fewer files.
it may be a misconception

React has it’s own advantages and more popular generally. You can find tons of comparison at Google.

BUT if you talk about -using it with- Ionic i absolutely advice Angular. React is pretty new with Ionic but Angular is old and it’s like default. You can reach more resources and help about Ionic with Angular.

3 Likes

Hi @Ludolefrenchy
Yes I had same question before. But I started with React because react is more light and can faster and flexible renderable library. When I was starting my first PWA project I just though Ionic is perfect and I can built the project easily with react because I have strong react and typescript skill. But many of the Ionic standard component has the problem. I was spend much time to solve that problem with Ionic not react…
According to my experience, the standard React component which provide from ionic is a new so has a lot of issues. But Ionic started with Angular from version 1, so a lot of the Ionic-Angular issues solution resource and you can find them easily. I want you follow my fault.

Stay a blast

1 Like

I’m currently under heavy development with React/Ionic. My conclusion is that except Ionic components, everything else is pretty much React. Except off course capacitor/cordova functions for access to native functions like camera, or nfc. Sure that Angular is better supported, but I developed fully mobile app with React/Ionic without bigger problems.
Think that you should use technology with wich you’re better.
Alex

4 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for your opinions.
i think i will go to angular. my knowledge is not great and I am learning to become a dev.
I would start to learn react when I get well with angular.

1 Like

i thought i was the only one who had this kinda approach, when i am thinking functionally, i don’t want markup cluttering my view.

i came from react background,and truly i found that as react is a new member in ionic ,it was really painfull to find support in many issues i neede help in , all solutions to my issues are Angular based solutions either inside the ionic forum or outside it , some i could read the Angular code and tried to translate it to React,

I knew that Angular is the Twin brother of Ionic since version 1,also he official documentation
are not that rich concerning React

i seriously thinking of studying Angular using the help of my React experience to accelerate studying since i know that Angular Learning Steeping time is longer compare to React

I would like to gently push back on this comment a bit and ask you for specifics where you stated "The official documentation is not that rich concerning React"

Also what specific issues with React did you not find your answers for? From looking at your profile you joined recently and you haven’t posted any questions

Ionic was mainly built for Anglur and there’s more help on Angluar than react at the time now. Its easier to find documentation for ionic angular than react

this is true i recently joined the forum, and did not post till now any questions ,But this does not mean that i did not hardly searched in this forum,on the contrary ,i did many thorough searches…, i always for may years google any issues i face for examples JS,React,Java,php…etc and i always find solutions mainly is Stack Overflow and i was happy with that since i always find my solution,but after i leaned Ionic after React was engaged ,and when googling any issue ,i did not find or hardly find a solution as i mentioned

Also i searched in this forum for react solution , it was realy hard to find and i think you should know that ,plz revise the documentation concerning for example the Ion menu,modal ,it was not helpfull and again i found some solutions in Stack Overflow and a tutorial in youTube any they are quite helpfull

this is true,and i think it will take some time till React/Ionic community becomes bigger

this is an example how i find usefull resources from outside your forum :grinning: :grinning:

Side Menu by Aaron Saunders

1 Like

I’ve only used Ionic with Angular, but only because of the project I inherited at my job. If I had the choice I would have gone with React because IMO it’s easier for a developer to learn React than it is to learn Angular due to its complexity, learning RxJS, etc. That being said, as others have mentioned, Ionic/Angular is older and therefore has more support than Ionic/React.

2 Likes

I started with Ionic React in mid 2021 and I don’t regret it at all. There are some places where the documentation could be more thorough, but one advantage of React support being relatively new to Ionic is that there is not a bunch of out-of-date documentation :joy:… yet.

1 Like