Action button support for Capacitor PushNotification plugin

Hi,

I am trying to migrate from phonegap-plugin-push Cordova plugin to Capacitor PushNotification plugin. I see the registration for pushNotificationActionPerformed event but that seems to trigger only when the notification is tapped. Is there a way to support action buttons in the notification so user doesn’t have to open the Application? If it is not supported then any expected timeframe when that may be supported or any other way to accomplish that?

Thank you for your help and any pointers you can provide.

Sanjay.

I was hoping this would be an easy question for people in this community and everyone working on Capacitor.

Look forward to someone helping clarify this.

Thanks,
Sanjay.

Thank you @Hills90210. I have looked through the documentation there but unless I am completely missing it I don’t see any mention of Active Button support there.

Tapping on the notification opens the App with pushNotificationActionPerformed event to handle things. But for the use case where the user can click on “Accept” or “Decline”, as example for Active Buttons, right from the notification message, I don’t see a way to do that.

If that is possible could you please point me to an example or specifically to a section of the document that describes that? I have that working in phonegap-plugin-push Cordova plugin and want to migrate that over.

Thanks,
Sanjay.

1 Like