I really hope I’m doing something wrong. I’ve added crosswalk to a project and have had some serious app size increase. To test I’ve done the following.
- created a new ionic project
- added my app code to /www/
- added ngcordova and various plugins
- Ran ionic build and drop the apk onto a Genymotion emulator. The app was very slow but had a app size of 8.01mb (once installed - checked with app manager).
- Then I deleted the app from the emulator
ionic browser add crosswalk
ionic run androidwhich installed the correct .apk on the emulator. On checking in manage apps the app size is now 79.36mb!!! Thats a 71mb increase! Most places say 20mb at most but 71mb!!!
Can someone tell me what I’ve done wrong?
When I added the Android SDK I did add all the tools ad platforms availabe in the SDK manager, did that have some effect?
If this isn’s fixable it’s a show stopper for me, which is a shame after spending weeks developing an app…