Ionic and Crosswalk: Splash Screen error

I had a ionic app running on my android, with the icon and splash screen working perfectly, But, I added the Crosswalk for ionic and I notice that the Splash is missing, so… I try removing the platform, adding again, removing the crosswalk and adding again. etc, etc… all with the same result, I see a black screen, next a white screen and next my app, but never the splash screen. The icon is fine its only a problem of splash screen.

PH: Also try to delete the crosswalk and adding a android platform and the splash works perfectly, so I thinks is a problem of crosswalk.

Any Suggestion?

@mhartington I don’t think so, the splash screen works perfectly without crosswalk, and widthout any plugin. I try adding the splashscreen plugin but its the same.

So, if my app with ionic and default cordova shows the splash screen, why when I install crosswalk the splash screen is missing?..

No it is crosswalk.

So in order to get crosswalk to work with cordova, we’re using a forked version of cordova-android 4.0, which isn’t released yet, and that version of cordova has some api changes.

Once api in particular is the splash screen api. With cordova-android 4.0, a lot of the logic for the splash screen is getting pulled from the core to the plugin.

Why does the splash screen work without crosswalk? Simple because when we remove crosswalk, we revert the android project back to the stable release of cordova-android.

If I’ve missed anything @jbavari1 would know best, as he is behind the crosswalk magic for ionic.

1 Like

Hey @mhartington I’m having the same issue with crosswalk and splash screen not working. same sympthoms.

Any estimation on when it will get fixed? as for now we can’t use the crosswalk update cause of it,

thanks

Well its not really on the ionic team, it something that cordova team will update when they push the cordova-android 4.0 update. We are awaiting this update as well.

Thanks, @mhartington. How can I follow up on this issue effectively?

You can check out the repo

Or follow the cordova issue tracker.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

Thanks for the info @mhartington

Also waiting for this issue to be resolved. (Crosswalk is a win,… first problem i get stuck at)

I believe that this is the pending issue to fix it
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7156

May be we can combine with LAUNCHSCREEN ?

I was thinking the same, but once we installed “crosswalk browser” on ionic, where can we modify that ?

Its in “\platforms\android\org.apache.cordova.engine.crosswalk\xwalk_core_library”

@cybernatic did you have any success using this method?

Didnt tryed out yet… Im now playing with apis (vibration,notification) for emprove skills.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this? I have the splash screen working in iOS and stock android webview but I need CrossWalk for performance reasons.

What’s the issue you’re seeing? Splashscreen seems to be working fine for me

There seems to be a workaround for this if you install the latest plugin from git. See Splashscreen on Android doesn't work (only showing white screen for 2 seconds)

2 Likes

Yup that solution worked for me as well.
Did everything, followed every tutorials and codes but didnt get the splash screen

ALl you need to do is add the splash screen plugin from github directly :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

I just updated to Ionic CLI 1.3.19 and now only a white screen is shown when my Android app loads.
I also tried to remove the Splashscreen plugin and add it again via the Github URL as suggested here.
But now my build fails with the following error:

:compileArmv7DebugJavaD:\work\kolli\platforms\android\src\org\apache\cordova\splashscreen\SplashScreen.java:307: error: package DialogInterface does not exist
new DialogInterface.OnCancelListener() {
                                       ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error
 FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileArmv7DebugJava'.

Do you have any idea what the problem may be?

My system information:

Node Version: v0.10.38
Cordova CLI: 4.3.0
Ionic Version: 1.0.0-beta.13
Ionic CLI: 1.3.19

and cordova plugins:

com.appsee.plugin 2.1.3 "Appsee"
com.bunkerpalace.cordova.YoutubeVideoPlayer 1.0.1 "CordovaYoutubeVideoPlayer"
com.ionic.keyboard 1.0.3 "Keyboard"
com.phonegap.plugins.PushPlugin 2.4.0 "PushPlugin"
cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview 1.0.1-dev "Crosswalk WebView Engine"
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 1.0.1-dev "Splashscreen"