Zipalign:command not found

I have been struggling for a couple of hours on trying to fix this.
To publish my app, i had successfully run steps of the Ionic page, until reaching the “zipalign” step, I run into the error "zipalign:command not found " while trying to exectute : $ zipalign -v 4 HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk HelloWorld.apk

I had tried to move the zipaling.exe file from my user\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools to user\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools as indicated in numerous posts here and there, and also updated the build.gradle file of my app in ionicapp\platforms\android:

buildTypes {
    release {
        signingConfig signingConfigs.release
		zipAlignEnabled true 
    }
}

but nothing works, still getting error message.

Any idea pleasseeee anyone?
thanks,

Try including the full path to the zipalign.exe in the command, something like this (using the path mentioned above):

user\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools\zipalign -v 4 HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk HelloWorld.apk

hi and thanks for response @cjlaw,
well that did not do the trick, as the path is being converted in one string. However, I had found this post quite helpful and it sounds according to the console the the zipalign process had run nicely ! Will now post app to GPlay ))

try this

My fix worked copying zipalign.exe from sdk\build-tools<version> to sdk\platform-tools

thanks @sebastian11c it works on me.

It worked for me. Thanks