Xcode Swift Editor placeholder in source file Compile Error - CAPBridge.swift

I am creating an app with Ionic/Angular/Capacitor. My app has been compiling and building fine for while. I was able to build and run the app on the Xcode simulation as well as my iPhone. However, I had a recent pop up for an Xcode update that I subconsciously click OK on without paying much attention about it. What a stupid thing to do!!! Now, I am getting a Capacitor Buildtime error of "Swift Compiler Error - Editor placeholder in source file - CAPBridge.swift in this area of the code:

public func modulePrint(_ plugin: CAPPlugin, _ items: Any...) {
    let output = items.map { "\($0)" }.joined(separator: " ")
    CAPLog.print("⚡️ ", plugin.pluginId ?? <#default value#>, "-", output)
  }

The Swift Compiler replaced the “<#default value#>” part of the code with the gray box with “default value” in it with the error message “Editor placeholder in source file”. I confirmed that the CAPBridge.swift file came from my nodes_modules/@capacitor/ios/Capacitor/Capacitor folder.

I am not a Swift programmer and was not able to find anything that would tell me why this error comes up now, or a way to fix it. Could someone please help?

The following is output from ionic info:Ionic:

Ionic CLI : 6.12.0 (/Users/francistse/.nvm/versions/node/v10.16.3/lib/node_modules/@ionic/cli)
Ionic Framework : @ionic/angular 5.0.0
@angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.803.25
@angular-devkit/schematics : 8.3.25
@angular/cli : 8.3.25
@ionic/angular-toolkit : 2.1.2

Capacitor:

Capacitor CLI : 2.4.2
@capacitor/core : 2.4.2

Cordova:

Cordova CLI : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
Cordova Platforms : none
Cordova Plugins : no whitelisted plugins (1 plugins total)

Utility:

cordova-res (update available: 0.15.2) : 0.15.1
native-run : not installed

System:

NodeJS : v10.16.3 (/Users/francistse/.nvm/versions/node/v10.16.3/bin/node)
npm : 6.14.5
Xcode : Xcode 12.2 Build version 12B5025f

I’ve posted this same question on Stack Overflow and got an answer from @jcesarmobile

uninstall @capacitor/ios
npm install @capacitor/ios
npx cap sync ios

This worked and fixed the compiler error. My app is working again. Thanks!