Wrong position of cursor after scroll with opened keyboard

I’m facing an issue where the cursor of the input field is getting wrong positioned (see screenshot afterwards).
To reproduce just do the following:

• Focus an input field (keyboard is shown)
  • Navigate to another input fields using the keyboard arrow navigation till the window scrolls
  • Tap on the first input field with the finger
  • The cursor is positioned somewhere on top of the first input field rather than inside

Hey thanks for pointing this out!
Theres been a lot of work done to tap/scrolling/keyboard issues. Do you mind giving this a shot with the nightly builds?

<link href="http://code.ionicframework.com/nightly/css/ionic.css" rel="stylesheet">
  <script src="http://code.ionicframework.com/nightly/js/ionic.bundle.js"></script>

Fantastic! The issue is gone - thank you very much!!!

PS: I’ve noticed the tabs are no longer displayed now on my iPad running iOS 7.1 since I’ve upgraded to the todays nightly. But I think this isn’t any related - I’ll open up a new thread for this.

Hey there,

I see that this issue is resolved, however I am close to a release using ionic vs. 1.0.0-beta.3. Is it possible to apply a patch to beta.3 with this fix? I’d really like to get this issue resolved, but since we’re already into QA I can’t update the entire ionic version.

Thanks for all your work on this project, it has been a lifesaver!

Ng-focus on input and invoking scroll delegate makes cursor stay in absolute position while screen scrolls

Well you should be able to update the beta 6 with out any issues. I’d highly suggest that instead of trying to go back and patch things up.

Hi,

I am also having same issue in rc 5, when keyboard is open and i scroll my view up than cursor goes on top of navigation bar. Please help

Having the same issue in v1.6.1

Same issue here when I swipe right to get left side Menu

Hi,

I am facing this problem with keyboard, that hides my input field on focus.
But, if I use those nightly links I can resolve this issue.

May I use those links in production ? Or there is a link to download those files ?

I have the same issue here after scrolling when focusing an input

element.bind("focus", function(e){
    $ionicScrollDelegate.scrollBy(0, 100, true);
});

So the cursor is displayed on the wrong place (the old place before scrolling).

I am using ionic (LIB 1.3.0), (CLI 1.7.14) on ios 9.2 (simulator and iPad).

I have the exact same problem as iouhammi. I am using ionic lib 1.3.1, CLI 1.7.15. The problem only happens on iOS devices, either simulator or real device.

Exactly the same issue with ionic 1.3.1 on iOs 9+ (both simulator and device)

The same issue here with iOS 10! Any ideas?

window.addEventListener('native.keyboardshow', function () {
    document.body.classList.add('keyboard-opened');
    /*
     * This code is a hack to fix the cursor issue.
     * When we click on the input field and keyboard appears, the cursor most of the time is not on the right position.
     * It simply needs to refresh UI once. There was no solution to this problem, so I tried a hack, and it worked. ;)
     * i.e. disable it for 10 micro secs and then re-enable it.
     */
    if (document.activeElement.nodeName === 'INPUT') {
        setTimeout(function (){
            document.activeElement.disabled = true;
            setTimeout(function () {
                document.activeElement.disabled = false;
            }, 10);
        }, 350);
    }
});

I fixed the caret issue this way. Although this is a hack, but fixed for me. :wink: