White Screen with ionic-webview WKSuspendInBackground set to false

In short, the app is showing a white overlay when brought to foreground from background.

Our users are complaining about seeing the app in all white. The below steps are the only way I was able to recreate the issue. Please note that users observed this issue even without opening any external window from app as suggested in the below steps. These steps are to easily recreate the issue so that we can think of a fix.

Steps to recreate:

1. Launch the app
  2. Open any external window from app. For eg: inAppbrowser or open a pdf using documentViewer/file2 plugins
  3. Put the app in background
  4. Wait for iOS to send a suspend signal
  5. Relaunch the app. Up on dismissing the external window (for example clicking on Done button) you will see the white overlay screen on the app.

Exact recreation steps in a Video: (The phone you are seeing on the left in this video is a real device)
You can skip the video from 30 seconds to 3 minutes to save some of your valuable time :slight_smile:

At the end of the Video observe how Chrome inspect can actually see the screen and all the html entities are in place!

Here is a sample git repository that is helpful: (This is ionic tabs starter + cordova documentViewer, fileTransfer plugins + WKSuspendInBackground set to false)

My Ionic Info:
Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 4.1.2 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic)
Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 3.9.2
@ionic/app-scripts : 3.2.0

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.1.1 (cordova-lib@8.1.0)
Cordova Platforms : ios 4.5.5
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 2.2.0, (and 7 otherplugins)

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (/Users/shaggy/Library/Android/sdk)
ios-deploy : 1.9.2
ios-sim : 5.0.13
NodeJS : v8.4.0 (/usr/local/bin/node)
npm : 3.10.8
Xcode : Xcode 9.4.1 Build version 9F2000

I hope some one can help me figure out where the issue is.