What’s the difference between “cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard” and “ionic-plugin-keyboard”?

I’ve somehow ended up with both in my config.xml

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard" spec="^2.0.5" />
<plugin name="ionic-plugin-keyboard" spec="^2.2.1" />

I’m trying to show the keyboard, but when I try I get this error:

[03:24:34]  console.warn: Native: tried calling Keyboard.show, but the Keyboard plugin is not installed. 
[03:24:34]  console.warn: Install the Keyboard plugin: 'ionic cordova plugin add ionic-plugin-keyboard' 

This is what I have imported to use as the provider in my app.module:

import { Keyboard } from '@ionic-native/keyboard';

Which one does that correspond to, “cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard” or “ionic-plugin-keyboard”?

See the instructions on https://ionicframework.com/docs/native/keyboard/

$ ionic cordova plugin add ionic-plugin-keyboard
$ npm install --save @ionic-native/keyboard

I believe I followed those instructions. What am I missing?

@ctran I followed the instructions too, but i’m not sure that ionic is up to date with those plugins.
If you follow the link to the git repo, you can see in the README :

👉 Deprecated! Please use cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 👈

If i install directly the cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard with

cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard --save

, how can i be sure that @ionic-native/keyboard will fetch the good plugin ?

2 Likes

I have made a provider to handler the new plugin properties, events and methods.

I am using cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard. But it is breaking my UI. Can anyone please see this post?

When I implement this, I get ‘Runtime Error’ Keyobard is not defined. for line #36

When I implement this, I get ‘Runtime Error’ Keyobard is not defined. for line #36

I’d that’s the actual error, you need to change Keyobard to Keyboard.

I made a typo in here, but actually it is ‘Keyboard’ in the app…

what the solution you got, i hv installed cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard but not sure @ionic-native/keyboard fetching which one?

Hello,

I am facing exactly the same problem. Please let me know how you have resolved this issue earlier.

Console log keeps saying - Install the Keyboard plugin: ‘ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard’
Though I have already installed cordova-ionic-plugin-keyboard.

Thanks in advance.