Visual Studio ionic app incompatible

Hi guys, I upgraded my visual studio community 2015 to support Universal Windows Platform and after that, I opened an ionic mobile app that I built using visual studio and it told me that app is incompatible with my current version of visual studio. Please how do I make it compatible?

build the project again … as you have visual studio 2015 you should have the latest sdk . it will work fine. You can build the project either by ionic or vs 2015. Both will work . If there are problems further than ping me on this thread. Because i suppose there will be some problems regarding .ts extension while building. Let me know

I just tried building again but it didn’t.

what is the error … can you plz post the screenshot

that was the only thing shown when built

in your cmd go to your project directory…
execute "ionic platform remove windows"
than "ionic platform add windows"
than open it in visual studio

I got " ‘ionic’ is not recognized as an internal or external command" error

ok first do “npm install -g ionic”…
if npm is also not there than install node …

I can’t get any confirmation that that code executed
the cursor just spinned a lot n stopped

ok now do this
in your cmd go to your project directory…
execute "ionic platform remove windows"
than "ionic platform add windows"
than open it in visual studio

What version of Visual Studio did you use to create your app originally? If you’re going from Visual Studio 2013 to Visual Studio 2015, then you need to be aware of some changes: http://www.axilis.com/2015/12/14/migrating-cordova-applications-from-visual-studio-2013-to-2015/

@harshit886 I think I hit the .ts extension issue you mentioned earlier. I’m trying to build and then I receive an error:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB6006 “tsc.exe” exited with code 1. MyIonic2Project C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\ApacheCordovaTools\vs-mda-targets\Microsoft.MDA.FileMirroring.targets 387

1 Like