Video calling application in Capacitor

Hello,

I’m sorry if this is somewhat a repeat, but I cannot find a recent post on this, and none relating to capacitor.

I want to create a video calling application which will run across the browser, iOS, and Android. I was intending on using capacitor to do this to avoid having multiple codebases.

There are a lot of video streaming APIs, Twilio, Vonage (formerly openTok). But there documentation does not mention ionic / capacitor support.

Does anybody know if there is a service that has full ionic support for video calling?

And if so, have you had success using it?

Thanks in advance!

None that i have seen, but I have used Jitsi before. They have cordova plugin not capacitor. Theres a lot of configuration that needs to be done.

Hey!

I am personally using Twilio WebRtc Video and it works properly so far in my experience, so you can try that. I used NPM package twilio-video.

Good luck!

hi, @ac1d3v can you please suggest me regarding my error,
i am using “twilio-video”: “^2.21.3”,
I’m facing error called -
vendor.js:85512 ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): NotAllowedError: Permission denied

Call to getUserMedia failed: DOMException: Permission denied

Can you please share how are you initializing the video call? @pradip647

@ac1d3v can you please share some code snippet to initialize the video call as there is no option in the new package of twiliovideo