Using the Deploy API / UI integration

I want to deploy new versions of my ionic app using UPDATE_METHOD Auto
so that the app is always up to date as stated in your documentation.

Currently, it looks like the application has hung when a new update is available and it has to download and extract it. I would like to be able to detect when an update is available and show the progress of the update in the splash screen. I don’t see an easy way to do this aside from setting the UPDATE_METHOD to none and making the api calls myself using the code snippet you provide:

async performManualUpdate() {
  const update = await Pro.deploy.checkForUpdate()
  if (update.available){
    await Pro.deploy.downloadUpdate((progress) => {
      console.log(progress);
    })
    await Pro.deploy.extractUpdate((progress) => {
      console.log(progress);
    })
    await Pro.deploy.reloadApp();
  }
}

However, I’m hesitant to do this because the documentation says that doing manual updates can break the app.
none - will not automatically apply or download updates for you. Instead you have to manage the entire update process yourself using the Deploy Pro Client. This isn’t recommended as if you deploy an update that “breaks” your app and can no longer apply Deploy updates, you will have to release a native binary in order to fix the issue or the user will have to delete and reinstall your app. Using the background or auto methods protects you by applying updates in the native layer.

Please provide a sample on how I can have the app auto update and display a progress bar to inform the user that the app is updating.