Using Grunt Uglify to minify javascript files app.js, service.js, and controllers.js

When included minified versions of app, service and controllers javascript files, the page is blank and I get this error:

Uncaught Error: [$injector:modulerr] Failed to instantiate module fieldunderwriting due to:
Error: [$injector:unpr] Unknown provider: a

I searched and found this: http://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial/step_05#controller_a-note-on-minification

I tried both options here’s the code for controllers.js from option 2

var fieldunderwritingControllers = angular.module(‘fieldunderwritingControllers’, []);

// A simple controller that fetches a list of data from a service
function PetIndexCtrl($scope, PetService) {
// “Pets” is a service returning mock data (services.js)
$scope.pets = PetService.all();
}
fieldunderwritingControllers.controller(‘PetIndexCtrl’, [’$scope’, ‘PetService’, PetIndexCtrl]);

// A simple controller that shows a tapped item’s data
function PetDetailCtrl($scope, $stateParams, PetService) {
// “Pets” is a service returning mock data (services.js)
$scope.pet = PetService.get($stateParams.petId);
}
fieldunderwritingControllers.controller(‘PetDetailCtrl’, [’$scope’, ‘$stateParams’, ‘PetService’, PetDetailCtrl]);

My app.js file has this:

var fieldunderwriting = angular.module(‘fieldunderwriting’, [‘ionic’, ‘fieldunderwritingServices’, ‘fieldunderwritingControllers’])

I’m not sure why I’m still getting the error when using minified javascript files.

Make sure to run the ngmin task between concat and uglify, and set mangle to false in your uglify task options. Here’s an example:

uglify: {
  options: {
    banner: '/*! <%= pkg.name %> <%= grunt.template.today("dd-mm-yyyy") %> */\n',
    mangle: false
  }
},
ngmin: {
  dist: {
    files: [
      {
        expand: true,
        cwd: '.tmp/concat/js',
        src: '*.js',
        dest: '.tmp/concat/js'
      }
    ]
  }
},

And your task order should look like this

grunt.registerTask('build', [
    'ngmin',
    'useminPrepare',
    'concat',
    'ngmin',
    'uglify',
  ]);

hi @bhstahl, can you show the whole gruntfile content

Same thing. Looks like this is due to the use of the minify js.

Is there a reason why you are minifying the files?

Have you tried ng-annotate before? It might help.

When you define the controllers, services and everything, are you using the syntax .controller(‘name’, [’$scope’, function($scope) {});

If you don’t use the array in controller() params, when minify, it changes $scope with ‘a’ (for example) in function() param, but if it doesn’t find the same param in the array, it fails.

I think I’m not been clear, but I hope you understand me. Try to use the array syntax and let us know if it works.