Upgradiing Ionic (components) is hard!

I’ve been developing an Ionic App for several months now - really enjoying it!Usually I’m upgrading the Ionic components as soon as possible and seldomly experienced any errors in the past. But in the last few days I spent several hours trying to keep my environment current and my application runnng at the same time.

This is where I come from:

Cordova CLI: 5.1.1
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.0
Gulp local: Local version 3.8.11
Ionic Version: 1.0.0
Ionic CLI Version: 1.6.4
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.3.8
Node Version: v0.10.40

Everything is running fine, but the CLI is reminding me constantly to upgrade my node installation to version 0.12.x. Doing as I’m told, I upgraded to node 0.12.7, with the effect, that now gulp sass|watch stopped working with the following error message

\apps\tradeFairOrder\node_modules\gulp-sass\node_modules\node-sass\sass.js:22
  throw new Error('`libsass` bindings not found. Try reinstalling `node-sass`?
        ^
Error: `libsass` bindings not found. Try reinstalling `node-sass`?

I read up on this on the forums and stackoverflow and tried many suggestions, mainly upgrading gulp-sass manually, but after being told to install Python and Visual Studio to regenerate bindings I gave up. I believe there must be a better way, since none of this was necessary, when I first installed Ionic.

Next I decided to upgrade my Ionic lib with ionic lib update to version 1.1.0, with the effect that my application stopped working in Chrome. Here is what I see in the browser console:

Maybe something to do with some additional libraries in use in my app like angular-cookies or angular-translate?

Is somebody experiencing something similar or has suggestions, how I can get back on track?

Matthias

Unfortunately Windows is the worst platform for using nodeJS.
If you can’t switch to Linux, you could at least use node env manager (e.g; nodist) to be able to install a new version of node without breaking the one that was working.

Yes, I agree, although in the meantime I grew accustomed to the routine of installing different node versions.