Unresponsive/laggy UI on Android (and on Linux compared to the Ionic docs)

What is the current consensus on a solution to this Android performance issue? I am running the nightly 1583 build, with Crosswalk 14, and still experience a 300ms delay from a tap to any code execution on ion-item with ng-repeat. The visual highlighting on tap is noticeably delayed to the extent that it usually does not appear by the time the page exits. As the graphic shows (two distinct tap events shown), the total execution from tap (small spikes at 1 and 4.15 secs) to state change completion on a new page is about 1 to 1.25 secs, which is running on an Amazon Fire 7 HD with 4.4.2. Also, I’ve disabled animation on these state changes to shave some time as well. By comparison, the app on an iPhone 6 feels fully responsive, and the end to end execution is less than it takes for me to verbalize the first two syllables of ONE THOU-SAND ONE.

It seems I can get slightly better end-to-end performance using collection-repeat instead of ng-repeat, but unfortunately it breaks other aspects of the app, so hopefully by reducing the initial delay I can get minimally acceptable performance. As an aside, after reading another thread, I added the following code to app.js and it dramatically improved the scrolling performance for about 100-160 list items, so at least that aspect is now up to par with IOS:

if (ionic.Platform.isAndroid()) {
    $ionicConfigProvider.scrolling.jsScrolling(false);
}