Troubles with signing app. Jarsigner tool not working

Hello fellow designers,

I have made a pretty sweet app using ionic and developing it mostly through the android platform.   I was able to use release my game.  I first removed the debug in console and then released it.   Then i went just into my command prompt and made a keystone file that is saved in my c:/users/cvanhyfte file.   The next step i am supposed to do, according to the Ionic publishing steps, is to run Jarsigner.   Here is where i run into issues.   First off, do i go back into commad prompt to do this and if so...do i run this command just in c:\Users\cvanhyfte or do i use cd to find my app and run the command in C:\Users\cvanhyfte\nexus flange slide rule app\  ?

Next, do i just copy and paste what is on the Ionic website? Such as

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore HelloWorld-release-unsigned.apk alias_name

of course i would change the “helloWorld” to my app release name which is CordovaApp-release-unsigned.apk

also, do i need to change the SHA1with RSA -digestalg SHA1 to SHA256withRSA because when i made my keystone file, it was written as SHA256withRSA

I am quite stuck and checked many forums. Your help and step by step suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Chris