[SOLVED] Push is crashing the app [2.0.0-beta.7]

Hello,

ive updated my ionic to the latest version but it keeps crashing the app when using the Push.

I just tried a simple

this.platform.ready().then(() => {

Push.init({
            android: {
                senderID: "249716207XXX"
            },
            ios: {
                alert: "true",
                badge: true,
                sound: 'false'
            },
            windows: {}
        });
})

ive imported

import {Splashscreen, Push, Device} from 'ionic-native';

in the first view which is loaded by the app.ts.

As soon as i remove it it doesnt crash any more. Surrounding with try/catch didnt help. No exceptions. “App stopped” on Android.

Capturing the Logcat since the web developer console doesnt show any hint gave me:

I/ActivityManager( 1067): Process com.seiboldsoft.myapp (pid 22865)(adj 9) has died(134,525)
E/ActivityManager( 1067): isAutoRunBlockedApp:: com.seiboldsoft.myapp, Auto Run OFF

but i think here is the issue:

E/AndroidRuntime(22865): java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: The method 'java.io.File android.support.v4.content.ContextCompat.getNoBackupFilesDir(android.content.Context)' was expected to be of type virtual but instead was found to be of type direct (declaration of 'java.lang.reflect.ArtMethod' appears in /system/framework/core-libart.jar)
E/AndroidRuntime(22865): 	at com.google.android.gms.iid.zzd.zzeC(Unknown Source)

Running on Windows 10 with
Cordova CLI: 6.1.1
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-beta.7
Ionic CLI Version: 2.0.0-beta.25
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.0.0-beta.15
Node Version: v6.2.0

edit:

Maybe this is the reason: https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugin-push/issues/909

Fix:

Set the version of the Push Plugin to 1.6.4 since adding the plugin via command line uses the version 1.6.3.

1 Like

updating to 1.6.4 fixed it thanks! I spent 2 hrs on this mess

No. I send two days solving it. Do not forget to Flag it as solved

So what is the fix? just reinstall phonegap-push… how to install if not from command line. please help