Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 6.4.0
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.17
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.7
ios-deploy version: Not installed
ios-sim version: Not installed
Node Version: v5.5.0
Xcode version: Not installed

While on Android the performance is really good, the performance on iOS is really bad (running in ionic view). I tried to set $ionicConfigProvider.views.transition(‘none’); but that does not change the game at all. The application is laggy. Any suggestions on how to deeper “debug” the problem?

Thanks in advance

Provide more information really. What is the app doing, are you doing things that may end up being bad for performance?

Also worth noting that you should migrate to V2 of ionic. As angular 2x has a lot of performance improvements that Ionic 2 takes advantage of.

Hi,

the app is made for registering some activities including location and resource linking. The app retries it’s master data over a rest api and stores it locally. The app is then providing to the user an UI to register those activities. I suspect the code execution is kind of slow (did not figure out so far how do capture the real reason). The app is dealing with some arrays, those are filtered and manipulated during the workflow. But as I said the performance under a low cost Android phone is really good.
Are there possibilites to dig in deeper?
Migrating to ng2 is actually too heavy, but planned for the future.

bump up.

Some further advice would be appreciated…

Thank you

Hei,

in the meantime i found some causes. The biggest issue was that i heavily used ionicModal with templateFromUrl, but the template was an ion-view instead an ion-modal-view. Changing to ion-modal-view fixed my performance issue!