[SOLVED] Cordova-plugin-googleplus webClientId where?

Where do I found the webClientId for the cordova-plugin-googleplus?

maybe a language problem but really I don’t understand where I should get that info

In the google developer console or in the firebase console or?

Could someone post a screenshot of “the place where I find that webClientId”?

According @joshmorony’s blog I found it “You can find the webClientId in the Credentials section in the Google Developer console” but still don’t get it

Right now I use the one I found in my google-services.json file under node oauth_client/client_id but still got an error 10 (like 10 is saying something…) when I test on my phone

1 Like

ok I found my webClientId, it’s under auth in the Firebase console aka you have to active the Google authentication when you do so, you get the web client ID as result

you could also follow the nice tutorial http://www.jomendez.com/2017/08/30/ionic-2-google-sign-in-error-10-with-firebase/

but to solve Error: 10, the most important, I’m such a dumbass, I just lost hours because of that, always build your app with --release otherwise it just ain’t gonna work

ionic cordova build android --prod 

-> NOPE login with gmail will not work

ionic cordova build android --prod --release

-> Yes it gonna work since you used the same sha-1 key in your firebase console

2 Likes

Hi @reedrichards I’m having the same problem. I followed all the steps described by the tutorial you mentioned, and SHA-1 is the same in all the places it should be (application, Firebase, Google Developer Console and google-services.json).
Even so, both debug and release versions result in error 10.
The apk is signed and the entire process of generating and using keystore and sign.properties was done as well. But nothing solved so far …
Do you think there is any other detail that I am not considering?

@atoyansk it’s a bit a long time ago so to be honest really difficult to answer. I know that in my case it always worked only with the apk of --release as I only worked with the prod certificate as I wrote above

Otherwise I really just followed the tutorial as far as I remember

There are some “error 10” issue in the GitHub tracker of the plugin, have a look, it might give you an idea

Sorry for not knowing more, 1 year sometimes is a long time ago, good luck

3 Likes