SIP and WebRTC

I also have this need, I have an ionic app on android and ios and I need to add push to talk and push to chat, and will be happy to pay for expert help on the integration.
Ideally we also want to add integration into our classic ASP management web site also.

Has anyone figured this out yet?
I am tempted to try and use this library which tsip uses on their excellent free sip client.
http://www.creytiv.com/

If someone does have a great solution happy to pay for consulting.

hi, did you get some results, im trying to do the same, i need to connect with talkink sip, can you help me please, tell me what did you use to connect with Asterisk

Hello, unfortunately I didnā€™t got an answer for it yet. In fact I stopped my project due to this problemā€¦
But if you find something let us know, Iā€™m planning of working this out somewhen.

i was investigating in your webrtc of Asterisk it have to give you a Binding WebSock Service: WS URI:ws://38.103.38.195:10080 for example, that is the ws that talking sip give me like an example, the next step is
integrate something like jsSip that help you to comunicate your app with the webrtc in the configurations you have to put your WS URI. that is what im trying to do right now

ey i found something, now it works. you just have to put in the assets the jsSIP library, and in your ts files just have to declare it like:

declare var JsSIP:any;

No this is not the right way. No copying needed, no declare needed. You are doing more work than needed.
(The topic says ionic-v1, but the questions are related to v2 nowā€¦)

npm install jssip --save

In your code:

import *  as JsSIP from 'jssip';
export class HomePage {

constructor(public navCtrl: NavController) {
  	console.log ("STARTING JSSIP");
  	JsSIP.debug.enable('JsSIP:*');
    var socket = new JsSIP.WebSocketInterface('wss://tryit.jssip.net'); // change to your url
	var configuration = {
	  sockets  : [ socket ],
	  uri      : 'sip:alice121212@tryit.jssip.net', // change your credentials
	  password : 'superpassword'
	};

var myPhone = new JsSIP.UA(configuration);
myPhone.start();

}

}
1 Like

im so glad , very thanks

It has been some time now. But take a look at TokBox (cordova-plugin-opentok) and the [opentok-sip-samples(https://github.com/opentok/opentok-sip-samples)].

2 Likes

Most of the products can be used in different libraries for multiple purposes. Still, I am looking for thatā€¦

I need to do the same ā€¦ and using ionic 4 ā€¦

What would you advise?