Scroll Dies After Keyboard Use

UPDATE : Github Issue # 2231
Anyone else seeing an issue with scrolling dying after using the keyboard?

Scenario :

1. Open App - all pages scroll just fine. Can navigate all over the place and to all pages many times. Scrolling is fine.
  2. Go to view that has input field
  3. Edit field, submit, keyboard closes
  4. The current view is still scrollable
  5. Navigate back or to any other view
  6. Scrolling does not work.

Ionic Beta 13 : v1.0.0-beta.13
Plugins :
org.apache.cordova.console 0.2.9 "Console"
org.apache.cordova.contacts 0.2.14-dev "Contacts"
org.apache.cordova.device 0.2.10 "Device"
org.apache.cordova.globalization 0.3.0 "Globalization"
org.apache.cordova.network-information 0.2.11 "Network Information"
org.apache.cordova.statusbar 0.1.7 “StatusBar”

NOTE : Happens in Anroid 4.2, iOS 8, iOS 7. and Chrome

$ionicPlatform.ready(function() {

if(window.cordova && window.cordova.plugins.Keyboard) {
    window.cordova.plugins.Keyboard.hideKeyboardAccessoryBar(true);
    window.cordova.plugins.Keyboard.disableScroll(true);
  }

if(window.StatusBar) {
    StatusBar.styleDefault();
  }

});

Hi Calendee,
Yes, I had this issue before in a bigger in-house App project. The scenario was similar with a login page and state change after login. It occured on all device types, but chrome usually not.

In my case it helped to remove and add com.ionic.keyboard plugin. I am on version 1.0.3 now and the issue does not occur any more except of BlackBerry OS 10 devices. For these devices I have to completely remove the plugin to avoid this issue.

Alex,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, removing and re-installing the Ionic keyboard plugin did not help. As the problem also happens in Chrome, I think it has something to do with the JS scroller and it’s detection of input/keyboard events.

uninstalling the keyboard worked for me too. (You may want to add it and uninstall again so that the keyboard will get uninstalled properly). Because in the 1st time it did not work. But once I installed and uninstall the plugin it worked! Thank you @Alex . It was really helpful. :smile:

Uninstalling keyboard for temporary. I faced the issue again without the keyboard plugin. The root cause was that my project was loading angulaJS twice. (I saw the warning in firebug console). When I fixed that the scrolling started to work without any trouble. Even with the keyboard plugin installed.