Sample app builds fine but wont run on Mac OS Yosemite

Hi Guys

I am trying to run sample ionic app from “Getting started” web page, everything builds fine but I just am not able to run the command “sudo ionic emulate ios”.

I have tried all the solution from this forums i.e. creating emulate.sh file, giving permission, restarting. Nothing works

I have latest xcode from last week, what else I should do.

here is error :

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

No target specified for emulator. Deploying to iPhone-6 simulator
An error was encountered processing the command (code=146):
Invalid device state
ENOENT, no such file or directory '/Users//Library/Logs/CoreSimulator/40CC7C91-5FD8-485E-AC76-3947705A1CB7/system.log’
Error code 1 for command: ios-sim with args: launch,/Users//myApp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/myApp.app,–devicetypeid,com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6,–stderr,/Users//myApp/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–stdout,/Users//myApp/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–exit
Error: /Users//myApp/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 2
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:110:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:1015:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:1087:5)

I am new to this, just found our I will need Apple Developers Account to Build it as Native app. (Should have read the instruction clearly :frowning: ) Leaving this here so others can refer it. I will come back and update this thread.

Ok getting somewhere, here are the updates

(1) Had to buy apple dev license first and installed the certificate with xcode. Restarted the machine

Now I get different error

No target specified for emulator. Deploying to iPhone-6 simulator An error was encountered processing the command (code=146): Exception encountered connecting to CoreSimulatorBridge: Unable to connect to CoreSimulatorBridge ENOENT, no such file or directory ‘/Users/dwitibisaria/Library/Logs/CoreSimulator/40CC7C91-5FD8-485E-AC76-3947705A1CB7/system.log’ Error code 1 for command: ios-sim with args: launch,/Users/dwitibisaria/myApp1/platforms/ios/build/emulator/myApp1.app,–devicetypeid,com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6,–stderr,/Users/dwitibisaria/myApp1/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–stdout,/Users/dwitibisaria/myApp1/platforms/ios/cordova/console.log,–exit Error: /Users/dwitibisaria/myApp1/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 2 at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:134:23) at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:110:17) at maybeClose (child_process.js:1015:16) at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:1087:5)

(2) Than I had to open the IOS project file from XCODE, had to give permission on folder

I selected ios development from code sining menu under build setting in xcode

again restarted everything and now get different error

I run from XCODE and it works fine. If I run from command line than get same error.

Will be have to look some more

Heading

You shouldn’t run ionic emulate ios as sudo. Running as sudo means you’re running the command as a different user (the superuser).

In fact I recommend installing node.js using brew and never use sudo for any npm commands at all.