RxJS error message of multiple dependencies

Whenever I try to add new dependencies or install new packages, I keep getting the following error message.

npm WARN @angular/common@6.0.9 requires a peer of rxjs@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @angular/compiler-cli@6.0.9 requires a peer of typescript@>=2.7.2 <2.8 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @angular/core@6.0.9 requires a peer of rxjs@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @angular/forms@6.0.9 requires a peer of rxjs@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @angular/http@6.0.9 requires a peer of rxjs@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @ngrx/store@6.0.1 requires a peer of rxjs@^5.6.0-forward-compat.0 || ^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN tsickle@0.29.0 requires a peer of typescript@>=2.4.2 <2.9 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN videogular2@6.3.0 requires a peer of rxjs@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

This is how my package.json file looks:

Hello,

I see no error in the message. This are warnings.
The warn says that the package expect a certain versions of an other npm package.
If you have not any trouble, you can ignore it.
Otherwise it makes sense using the packages that the developer declared, because wrong versions can lead to bugs, that are very difficult to find.

Be carefull changing package versions of a working project. Always backup, if you wanna change something.

How the versions of dependencies work look here https://docs.npmjs.com/files/package.json#dependencies

Best regards, anna-liebt

1 Like

AFAIK, Angular 6 will not work with Ionic 3. You must find versions of all other libraries you are using that work with Angular 5 or wait for Ionic 4.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice anna_liebt!

Thanks a million!
I’ve updated to Angular 5 but when I do ionic serve in the terminal, the page loads and I have the following errors in the browser:

hello,

You have injected DragulaService, but it seems not imported.

You have decared a variable with type Device, but the editor can not find this type. Maybe an inport is missing.

You call something on fb, that does not exist in this way.

In alle 3 cases take a look to their documentation.

Best regards, anna-liebt

I even removed the angular-cli, still the same issue.