Removing cache of a view

Hi everyone,
After I remove the cache of a view using the attr cache-view="false" the console starts to show an error:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'backButtonTextLeft' of null

This happens when I add false to cache-view, then navigate to another view and click on back button, to come back to the view that I put the cache attr as false.

Why this is happening? @max Is that a bug?

We’re also experiencing this issue. See TypeError below.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'backButtonTextLeft' of null
    at leave (ionic.bundle.js:43279)
    at Object.IonicModule.provider.provider.transitions.navBar.ios.run (ionic.bundle.js:43288)
    at IonicModule.controller.self.transition (ionic.bundle.js:46933)
    at IonicModule.controller.self.update (ionic.bundle.js:46906)
    at IonicModule.controller.self.beforeEnter (ionic.bundle.js:47240)
    at IonicModule.controller.self.beforeEnter (ionic.bundle.js:48219)
    at Scope.$get.Scope.$emit (ionic.bundle.js:22423)
    at Object.IonicModule.factory.ionicViewSwitcher.create.switcher.emit (ionic.bundle.js:45968)
    at Object.IonicModule.factory.ionicViewSwitcher.create.switcher.transition (ionic.bundle.js:45893)
    at ionic.bundle.js:47229ionic.bundle.js:19387 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:16350 $getionic.bundle.js:22425 $get.Scope.$emitionic.bundle.js:45968 IonicModule.factory.ionicViewSwitcher.create.switcher.emitionic.bundle.js:45893 IonicModule.factory.ionicViewSwitcher.create.switcher.transitionionic.bundle.js:47229 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:45785 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:45874 IonicModule.factory.ionicViewSwitcher.create.switcher.renderionic.bundle.js:45784 IonicModule.factory.ionicViewSwitcher.create.switcher.initionic.bundle.js:47225 IonicModule.controller.self.renderionic.bundle.js:47181 IonicModule.controller.self.registerionic.bundle.js:50834 updateViewionic.bundle.js:50811 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:22496 $get.Scope.$broadcastionic.bundle.js:39883 $state.transitionTo.$state.transition.resolved.then.$state.transitionionic.bundle.js:20962 processQueueionic.bundle.js:20978 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:22178 $get.Scope.$evalionic.bundle.js:21994 $get.Scope.$digestVM7657:853 ng.config.$provide.decorator.$delegate.__proto__.$digestionic.bundle.js:19186 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:12923 (anonymous function)ionic.bundle.js:8147 forEachionic.bundle.js:12922 fireUrlChangeionic.bundle.js:12898 cacheStateAndFireUrlChangeionic.bundle.js:10823 eventHandler

@Tijhaart yes, it’s the exactly same error. Did you remove the cache of a view using the attr of the directive too?

Yes I did.

I assumed removing the attribute completely would not trigger the error but the error remains. Also I use the html below to call goBack on tap which uses $state.go to navigate to a specific state.

<ion-nav-back-button class="button-clear ion-chevron-left" ng-click="noop()" on-tap="goBack()"></ion-nav-back-button>

I just use the nav-back-button without any function call, just let the ionic do manage the history behavior by itself. That’s weird…I will open an issue on github repo

So I guess for now nobody found the issue, correct?

I am in the same situation here!

I also have “$ionicConfigProvider.views.maxCache(0);”. Putting it to 1 or more “fix” the issue

Keep us posted if you have something to correct that!

Ok, I will tell you. If I find the code to fix I will open a PR

Did see the same error and solved it with this:

$ionicHistory.nextViewOptions({disableBack: true});

before navigating to next view

$state.go(‘app.xxxx’);

Looks like it has to do with cache in router. If the view im going to from clicking back has cache false then the error occurs.

Somebody found a solution?

Something news about this issue ?

function enter(ctrlA, ctrlB, step) {
if (!ctrlA || !ctrlB) return;
var titleX = (ctrlA.titleTextX() + ctrlA.titleWidth()) * (1 - step);
var backTextX = (ctrlB && (ctrlB.titleTextX() - ctrlA.backButtonTextLeft()) * (1 - step)) || 0;
setStyles(ctrlA, step, titleX, backTextX);
}

function leave(ctrlA, ctrlB, step) {
  if (!ctrlA || !ctrlB) return;
  var titleX = (-(ctrlA.titleTextX() - ctrlB.backButtonTextLeft()) - (ctrlA.titleLeftRight())) * step;
  setStyles(ctrlA, 1 - step, titleX, 0);
}

this remove the error message but i dont no whats does the method does or not but ctrlB is also not available

I too am experiencing this issue, although I don’t believe I have disabled the cache of a view. It doesn’t seem like this problem though is causing any real issues, at least in browser testing seems to be working normally.

Better to add "cache: true" in app.js

.state("samplepage", {
        Url: "/samplepage.html",
        cache: true, **//it solve my problem**
        params: {
            sampleId: null
        },
        views: {
            "menuContent": {
                templateUrl: "app/samplepage.html",
                controller: "samplepageCtrl"
            }