Problem running "ionic build ios" -> command not responding

Hi,

I followed the getting started guide up to calling the command “ionic build ios”. The result is that the command starts to run but never finished. Last step is:

CompileXIB myApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib
    cd /Users/sebastianeschweiler/Projects/ionic/myApp/platforms/ios
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode6-Beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode6-Beta4.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Users/sebastianeschweiler/mongodb/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    export XCODE_DEVELOPER_USR_PATH=/Applications/Xcode6-Beta4.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/..
    /Applications/Xcode6-Beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --target-device iphone --target-device ipad --errors --warnings --notices --module myApp --minimum-deployment-target 6.0 --output-partial-info-plist /Users/sebastianeschweiler/Projects/ionic/myApp/platforms/ios/build/myApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/myApp.build/MainViewController-PartialInfo.plist --auto-activate-custom-fonts --output-format human-readable-text --compile /Users/sebastianeschweiler/Projects/ionic/myApp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/myApp.app/MainViewController.nib /Users/sebastianeschweiler/Projects/ionic/myApp/platforms/ios/myApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib

After that nothing more happens … no error code, no result (I have to cancel command with CTRL-C).

I am running the command in terminal on Mac OS X Yosemite with Xcode 6 Beta 4 installed.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

Sebastian

Hmm, it could be related to xcode 6, but I’m not 100% sure.
Downloading xcode 6 to see whats up

@mhartington @seeschweiler Any news on this error? :smile:

Just installed xcode 6 for iphone 6 testing and I’m getting the same error

Do you guys have ios-sim installed? If so, do you have ios-sim version 3?

I have xcode 6 gm installed with the latest command line tools for xcode as well.

Yes, I have ios-sim version 3 installed globally, but problem remains. I am still not able to execute

ionic build ios 

successfully. Execution of command still hangs at

/Users/sebastianeschweiler/Projects/ionic/myApp/platforms/ios/myApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib

as described in my original post.

Just remembered this,

http://www.raymondcamden.com/2014/9/11/Having-issues-sending-a-Cordova-app-to-an-iOS-device-Seeing-lldb

See if this helps!

No, does not help. The process described in this post is not running, so this seems not be the cause of the problem.

Hmm, lets try this.

Remove the ios project and then add it back. Something could have been corrupted in the upgrade

I am also getting the same error. The process simply hangs and never continues.

/Users/Alejo/desktop/myapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/myApp.app/MainViewController.nib /Users/Alejo/Desktop/myApp/platforms/ios/myApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib`

I have Yosemite Beta installed and Xcode 6 beta 5 installed as well. Running

Cordova run iOS

Gives the same result. I am running out of ideas and really want to get going with Ionic but I can’t, any ideas as to why this is not working?

Sidenote: Xcode simulator when run just returns a black screen and says “Unable to boot the iOS Simulator”, is this related?

I am also getting the same error. The process simply hangs and never continues.

/Users/Alejo/desktop/myapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/myApp.app/MainViewController.nib /Users/Alejo/Desktop/myApp/platforms/ios/myApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib

I have Yosemite Beta installed and Xcode 6 beta 5 installed as well. Running

Cordova run iOS

Gives the same result. I am running out of ideas and really want to get going with Ionic but I can’t, any ideas as to why this is not working?

Sidenote: Xcode simulator when run just returns a black screen and says “Unable to boot the iOS Simulator”, is this related?

So this issue has to do with cordova and xcode and less ionic. Could be related to the xcode beta. I checked my version of xcode and it I have version 6.0.1 (6A317) along with OSX GMC v3.

I installed the default (mavericks) Xcode and it worked! Thank you! Ready to make some apps with Ionic