Error when building iOS

Hi

I am trying to build my app for ios but I get the following error, can you help please ?

xcode version 7.1, Os X Capitan.

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileXIB BoardLine/Classes/MainViewController.xib
(1 failure)
Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Users/jean-marcelplumerault/Documents/Louisro/BoardLine/app-dev/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-project,BoardLine.xcodeproj,ARCHS=i386,-target,BoardLine,-configuration,Debug,-sdk,iphonesimulator,build,VALID_ARCHS=i386,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/jean-marcelplumerault/Documents/Louisro/BoardLine/app-dev/platforms/ios/build/emulator,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Users/jean-marcelplumerault/Documents/Louisro/BoardLine/app-dev/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
Error: /Users/jean-marcelplumerault/Documents/Louisro/BoardLine/app-dev/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 2
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:139:23)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:818:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

What is the version of your xcode ?

Did you do something before this errors came ?

Same problem here. Version of xcode 7.1 ( the newest) . All version are the newest ios, xcode, mac osx.

What’s going wrong?

I have the latest xcode, version 7.1, on Os X Capitan.
No I did nothing special, just installed the plugins using ionic plugin add …

The error went away in the process of doing other things. Maybe it’s mandatory to do ionic platform add ios from an OS X machine, which I didn’t do the first time. Not clear though.

Still I am encountering this error. I am also on the latest xcode, version 7.1, on OS X El Capitan.

@xahy Have you tried updating the cordova (because they just released a new version of the ios platform) ?

I have the same error, my cordova version is 6.1 and ionic 2.1
Are you still with the same problem?

Hi! I have the same error! Maybe someone can help us???

My ionic info:
Cordova CLI: 6.5.0
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.6
Ionic CLI Version: 2.2.1
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.2.0
Ionic App Scripts Version: 1.0.0
ios-deploy version: 1.9.0
ios-sim version: 5.0.13
Node Version: v7.4.0
Xcode version: Xcode 8.2.1 Build version 8C1002

And here is the error:

CompileXIB TestApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib
    cd /Users/maximbelozerov/ionicclean/testapp/platforms/ios
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    export XCODE_DEVELOPER_USR_PATH=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/..
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --errors --warnings --notices --module TestApp --output-partial-info-plist /Users/maximbelozerov/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TestApp-cguchfjrisuluwfxgequqfslzjxq/Build/Intermediates/TestApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/TestApp.build/MainViewController-PartialInfo.plist --auto-activate-custom-fonts --target-device iphone --target-device ipad --minimum-deployment-target 8.0 --output-format human-readable-text --compile /Users/maximbelozerov/ionicclean/testapp/platforms/ios/build/emulator/TestApp.app/MainViewController.nib /Users/maximbelozerov/ionicclean/testapp/platforms/ios/TestApp/Classes/MainViewController.xib

2017-01-26 08:57:57.560 ibtoold[2316:104120] [MT] DVTAssertions: Warning in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEInterfaceBuilder/IDEInterfaceBuilder-11762/InterfaceBuilderKit/Utilities/IBAbstractInterfaceBuilderPlatformToolManager.m:254

Details:  Failed to attach to Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool with error: Error Domain=com.apple.InterfaceBuilder Code=-1 "Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb804df7170 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=22 "Invalid argument" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb804df2af0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=22 "Invalid argument"}, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to spawn Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool on SimDevice : IBSimDeviceTypeiPad2x (842895C0-7F0C-4555-ADAC-C9277F982B14) : state={ Shutdown } deviceType={ SimDeviceType : com.apple.dt.Xcode.IBSimDeviceType.iPad-2x } runtime={ SimRuntime : 10.2 (14C89) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-10-2 }, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to launch Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool via CoreSimulator spawn}}, NSLocalizedDescription=Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Please check Console.app for crash reports for "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool" for further information., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool (-1) failed to launch}

Object:   <IBCocoaTouchToolManager>

Method:   +_THREADSAFE_launchNewToolWithLaunchContext:executionContext:toolProxyClass:failureContext:requestingMethod:error:forReason:
Thread:   <NSThread: 0x7fb803418900>{number = 1, name = main}

Please file a bug at http://bugreport.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
2017-01-26 08:57:57.647 ibtoold[2316:104120] [MT] IBPlatformTool: *** Failed to launch tool with description <IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x7fb80377d9e0> System content 2x for IBCocoaTouchFramework w/ default fidelity: Encountered an error communicating with Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool. (Failure reason: Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool (-1) failed to launch): Failed to launch Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool via CoreSimulator spawn (Failure reason: Failed to spawn Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool on SimDevice : IBSimDeviceTypeiPad2x (842895C0-7F0C-4555-ADAC-C9277F982B14) : state={ Shutdown } deviceType={ SimDeviceType : com.apple.dt.Xcode.IBSimDeviceType.iPad-2x } runtime={ SimRuntime : 10.2 (14C89) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-10-2 }): The operation couldn’t be completed. Invalid argument (Failure reason: Invalid argument)

2017-01-26 08:58:05.827 ibtoold[2316:104120] [MT] IBPlatformTool: Wrote failed marshalling request diagnostics to path: /var/folders/2z/z513qcpj6zq2b1rc832jyrmr0000gp/T/IB-agent-diagnostics_2017-01-26_08-58-05_695000

Good morning, I’m having the same problem, has anyone managed to solve it?