Plugin Diagnostics build error - No resource found that matches the given name at 'android:textColorHint' with value color/hint_foreground_material_light

I am trying to use/install the Diagnostics Plugin but when I add it to my app via ionic plugin add cordova.plugins.diagnostic and try to deploy my app on my android phone via ionic run android Android(6.0.1) I get the error placed below.

Anyone else had this problem? Help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

My ionic info

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 6.3.0
Gulp version:  CLI version 3.9.1
Gulp local:  
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.1
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.4
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.2
Ionic App Scripts Version: 0.0.38
ios-deploy version: 1.9.0 
ios-sim version: 5.0.10 
Node Version: v5.12.0
Xcode version: Xcode 8.1 Build version 8B62 

The build error

UP-TO-DATE
:processDebugResources
/Users/dtaalbers/Work/../../../src/app/platforms/android/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.github.fengdai/alertdialogpro-core/0.2.6/res/values/values.xml:61:5-102:13: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'android:textColorHint' with value '@color/hint_foreground_material_light').

FAILED

FAILURE: 
Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':processDebugResources'.

> 
com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/usr/local/Cellar/android-sdk/24.4.1_1/build-tools/23.0.3/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

* Try:

Run with 
--stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug
 option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.993 secs

Error: /Users/dtaalbers/Work/.../.../.../src/app/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
/Users/dtaalbers/Work/.../.../.../src/app/platforms/android/build/intermediates/exploded-aar/com.github.fengdai/alertdialogpro-core/0.2.6/res/values/values.xml:61:5-102:13: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'android:textColorHint' with value '@color/hint_foreground_material_light').

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/usr/local/Cellar/android-sdk/24.4.1_1/build-tools/23.0.3/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

Hey,

did you try adding android@5.2.2 as a platform?

I used to have that problem and I solved it by doing that.

I now updated my android SDKs and it has the same problem again :frowning:

any help would be appreciated

Hey,

The plugin was working perfectly but after that I updated my android SDKs it’s not working anymore.
I receive this error

What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ‘:processDebugResources’.
com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process ‘command ‘C:\android-sdk\build-tools\25.0.2\aapt.exe’’ finished with non-zero exit value 1
I tried removing and adding android@5.2.2, removing all of my SDKs and downloading everything again.
I have installed
Android SDK Tool 25.2.4,
SDK platform 23,
Android Support Repository 41,
Google Play services 38,
Google Repository 41.

In my AndroidManifest.xml I specify
android:targetSdkVersion=“23”

I have searched everywhere for two days and I just can’t find a way to solve this.

If I remove the plugin I can build properly so the problem must be here.

Any ideas?

ordova CLI: 6.3.1
Ionic Framework Version: 2.0.0-rc.3
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.17
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.7
Ionic App Scripts Version: 0.0.47
ios-deploy version: Not installed
ios-sim version: Not installed
Node Version: v6.2.2
Xcode version: Not installed