Npm install dependencies issues, and ionic run fails

Posted this as an issue on github, but getting nowhere…

After doing a fresh install (fresh npm, install ionic and cordova from scratch and generating the default app v2, when running npm install i get this:

npm install npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@^1.0.0 (node_modules\chokidar\node_modules\fsevents): npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.0.14: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"}) npm WARN @angular/compiler-cli@0.6.4 requires a peer of @angular/compiler@2.0.2 but none was installed. npm WARN @angular/compiler-cli@0.6.4 requires a peer of @angular/platform-server@2.0.2 but none was installed. npm WARN @angular/compiler-cli@0.6.4 requires a peer of @angular/core@2.0.2 but none was installed. npm WARN @angular/core@2.1.0 requires a peer of rxjs@5.0.0-beta.12 but none was installed. npm WARN @angular/http@2.1.0 requires a peer of rxjs@5.0.0-beta.12 but none was installed.

environment is fully up to date, no changes to default demo app

after forcing dependencies to the exact versions (removing the ^ everywhere) npm install goes through, but now ionic run android fails miserably.

more details here:

None of those npm install messages are strictly errors, they all say WARN.

That would be ok if ionic run android would not fail.

The fact that ionic run android fails may be unrelated to those npm install warnings. I see those warnings too if I create a new project, but I can run the app in Android just fine.

Raised an issue about dependency versions here anyway: ionic2-app-base#94.

thanks for the help.

ionic build also throws an error.
And i did make sure that the environment is clean and up to date.

Managed to workaround the dependencies issues by forcing:
"@angular/compiler-cli": "0.6.2", "rxjs": "5.0.0-beta.12",
and upgrading to app-scripts@0.0.33 (not needed though)
notice no more ^ for these.
and now npm install works fine.

but when issuing ionic build i get an error:
[14:32:45] ionic-app-scripts 0.0.30 [14:32:45] build prod started ... [14:32:45] clean started ... [14:32:45] clean finished in 14 ms [14:32:45] copy started ... [14:32:45] ngc started ... [14:32:45] lint started ... [14:32:46] copy finished in 104 ms [14:32:46] lint finished in 615 ms [14:32:52] ngc: Error: Compilation failed. Resource file not found: D:/home.html at Object.resourceLoader.get (D:\#Radoo\www\new-app\node_modules\@angular\compiler-cli\src\codegen.js:123:27)

as mentioned, environment completely clean, so it’s surprising you are not getting this.

seems to have been something related to the environment.
I am now getting only app related errors (due to upgrades and changes in various packages) but at least the blank app works as expected, with the respective workarounds.
thank you