NPM Errors (node_modules) and many other files not found

Hello,
I am out of ideas. I installed and uninstalled everything from ground up again I made sure I did clean installs of NPM and Ionic I just can’t get it to run anymore and errors just reappear all the time.

It all started when I was working on FCM and Push plugin.

Here is what happens when I try to setup a new Project.

(Same errors happen with existing projects)

I am using node version 6.11.5 (Yes I need this specific version!)
Npm version 5.6.0.

Ionic Info
grafik

EDIT: It does work on my other Notebook and Macbook just not on my PC. So it must be an error in the regedit files ? No idea :confused:.

UPDATE: I updated everything again and now I am getting a different error message.
What I did, I installed cordova seperatly like this:
npm install -g cordova

The first 2 Errors seem to be fixed now. But I run into different errors now. :frowning:

UPDATE

I reinstalled npm again now I only get this error.

Could it be an error with npm-cache not doing its job right ?

I hope someone can help me out. :cold_sweat:
Thanks for any answer/suggestion already!

My guess is that Node 6 is the problem, sorry.

Tried already with higher node versions. Same result, if node 6 would be the problem then it wouldn’t work on my other devices aswell. :confused:

Your problem is probably with npm, something to do with permissions and files. This happens quite often and is almost impossible to successfully debug (at least here in the forum).

One solution: Uninstall your node, install nvm (or nvm-windows as you are on Windows), install a new node (which includes npm) with this, then install ionic and cordova again and try your command again. The problem should be gone.

Make sure to really read the instructions though, as you have to make sure all the old stuff is properly removed.

I was using nvm already before.

I found the solution btw!!!

The programm Malwarebytes automaticly switched to premium features (it updated itself in the background) and activated its premium features so it blocked npm!!!

What do we learn ? Disable automatic updates, never stop a running system.

Thanks anyway for your help Sujan!

1 Like