No provider for t! white screen, ionic run android

Been spending all day on getting my project running on a device to no success. When I try to emulate or run on a device I keep getting an error:

0    393964   error    Uncaught Error: No provider for t!, http://192.168.0.24:8100/build/main.js, Line: 6

Both the android device and my machine are on the same network. Also, I am using ts lint and all my passes test so i doubt it is a syntax error. This is not a very helpful error message… Has anyone had this error or know what to look for so I can get this running on a device? Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem, on Beta 11 no problem (browser, android, ios), on RC0 white screen of death (on android), ionic serve is working though:(

Are you sure that you don’t have ANY build errors? No provider for t sounds like a dependency injection failure btw

Not the solution, but for the record, @almighty99 has the same error trying to register is own back action…if that could help

You are right, my mistake, I don’t know how I missed the errors, but after fixing them, all is fine:)

yup, Injecting anything into the constructor of app.componet.ts except platform gives that exception

1 Like

I am still getting the same error message after confirming I have no build errors after running ionic build or ionic build android. And I have removed all injections from app.component.ts’s constructor, except for platform. Not sure whats going on here. Here is my app.component.ts:

import {Component, ViewChild} from '@angular/core';
import {Platform, Nav} from 'ionic-angular';
import {StatusBar} from 'ionic-native';

import ...

@Component({
    templateUrl: 'app.component.html'
})

export class AppComponent {
    @ViewChild(Nav) nav: Nav;

rootPage = HomeComponent;

constructor(public platform: Platform) {
        this.initializeApp();
    }

initializeApp() {
        this.platform.ready().then(() => {
            // Okay, so the platform is ready and our plugins are available.
            // Here you can do any higher level native things you might need.
            StatusBar.styleDefault();
        });
    }
}
1 Like

And what does your App Module ts look like?

1 Like

app.module.ts:

import {NgModule} from '@angular/core';

import {IonicApp, IonicModule} from 'ionic-angular';

import {AppComponent} from './app.component';
import ...

@NgModule({
    declarations: [
        AppComponent,
        HomeComponent,
        AboutComponent,
        TopNavComponent,
        CardControlComponent,
        SelectWicProviderComponent,
        KeyEnterUPCComponent,
        WicRegisterCardComponent,
        ManageCardsComponent,
        WebViewComponent,
        ItemDetailPageComponent,
        ItemDetailListComponent,
        BenefitsPageComponent,
        PartnersComponent,
        SettingsComponent,
        ViewWicVendorsComponent,
        WicVendorDetailComponent,
        WicVendorFavoritesComponent,
        WicVendorListComponent,
        VendorTabsComponent,
        WicOfficeListComponent,
        WicOfficeDetailComponent,
        WicOfficeViewComponent,
        OfficeTabsComponent
    ],
    imports: [
        IonicModule.forRoot(AppComponent)
    ],
    bootstrap: [IonicApp],
    entryComponents: [
        AppComponent,
        HomeComponent,
        AboutComponent,
        SelectWicProviderComponent,
        KeyEnterUPCComponent,
        WicRegisterCardComponent,
        ManageCardsComponent,
        WebViewComponent,
        ItemDetailPageComponent,
        BenefitsPageComponent,
        ItemDetailListComponent,
        PartnersComponent,
        ViewWicVendorsComponent,
        WicVendorDetailComponent,
        WicVendorFavoritesComponent,
        WicVendorListComponent,
        VendorTabsComponent,
        SettingsComponent,
        WicOfficeListComponent,
        WicOfficeDetailComponent,
        WicOfficeViewComponent,
        OfficeTabsComponent
    ],
    providers: [CookieService, SessionService, RestService, XML2JSON]
})
export class AppModule {
}

1 Like

And you have no problem running ionic serve? I’m still convinced you’re missing a dependency injection somewhere, maybe in one of the components. Do you have any issues while linting and stuff like that?

1 Like

Yes I am able to run ionic serve and everything works. No issues with linting. And what do you mean by missing a dependency injection? Also, why is that when I start a fresh new project with ionic start MyIonic2Project tutorial --v2
I am able to run ionic emulate android just fine even though there is more than just platform being injected into the app component’s constructor? I am starting to think that the ‘no provider for t!’ exception can be ambiguous.

Yes, it’s definitely ambiguous, but this error usually points in the direction of missing a dependency injection somewhere in your project. For example if you forget to import a component somewhere while you’re using it, it means you’re missing a dependency injection. The fact that everything works fine with a brand new project means that something in your project causes the error and that it probably isn’t due to an environment variable. These errors are very hard to reproduce, that’s a pitty i guess. If you compare your setup to the newly created project there aren’t any differences either I suppose?

1 Like

Turns out that you cannot use CookieService in an ionic app, which was giving me that exception. Instead you have to use NativeStorage. This project is being ported over from a web project to ionic so I had to work some kinks out after I removed that but after that the project emulated fine on a device. Thanks for the help, you definitely lead me in the right direction.

Glad you solved it! These errors are hard to find. A better descriptive error should give you more lead in the right direction I guess

1 Like

Check your main.prod.ts file, I think you are updated this file. You can replace your file with the following code.
import { platformBrowser } from ‘@angular/platform-browser’;
import { enableProdMode } from ‘@angular/core’;

import { AppModuleNgFactory } from ‘./app.module.ngfactory’;

enableProdMode();
platformBrowser().bootstrapModuleFactory(AppModuleNgFactory);

1 Like

I’m struggling with this same problem.

I’m using “LocalStorage” and not a “CookieService”

LocalStorage was available on beta11. Has this also changed?

What’s exactly the error you get?

Otherwise, have you tried Localforage? Works for me

I am just using:

import {Storage} from '@ionic/storage';

providers: [Storage, ....]

And works great for web and devices.

I have this exact same error after updating to Ionic 3.
It happens only with minified code (after running ionic cordova run android --prod so a bit hard to debug. I have no build errors. Any suggestions would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Try to run without --prod but with --dev instead. Probably the error won’t get obfuscated.