Multiple apps open in iOS takes first opened app's views

Short description of the problem:

I have multiple ionic apps in the app store all under the same brand.
When opening these apps at the same time on my apple phone, which ever app I opened first, all the other apps opened afterwards will be showing the pages from the first app.

For example, I have apps A, B and C. When I open app A, then close it (but still have it running in the background), then open app B, app B will show it’s own splashscreen but then will be showing app A’s pages and images. This does not happen if i completely force shutdown the apps first. But if they are all open this happens.

Video GIF attached below.

iosionicbug

What behavior are you expecting?

The apps should not be stealing each others views and images.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download apps ‘Spur Rewards’, ‘Panarottis Rewards’ or ‘JohnDorys’ from the app store
  2. Open any of those apps first
  3. Open one of the other apps next (while still having the other app open in the background)

Other information:

We use the same code for all our apps but have different config.xml files and build IDs etc. This has never been an issue before and has only happened in the last month or so.

Only happens on iOS, not on android.

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI) : 4.1.2
Ionic Framework : unknown
@ionic/v1-toolkit : not installed

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 8.0.0
Cordova Platforms : android 6.4.0, ios 4.5.5
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.2, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 2.0.2, (and 10 other plugins)

System:

ios-deploy : 1.9.2
NodeJS : v8.9.3 (/usr/local/bin/node)
npm : 6.4.1
Xcode : Xcode 10.0 Build version 10A255

There is an opened issue about this -> https://github.com/ionic-team/cordova-plugin-ionic-webview/issues/165

It’s because of cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 2.0.2. Try updating to v2.2.0.

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.

I can confirm it was because of this plugin! Thanks again!!