We have an existing Ionic v4 application which is growing in size and user base. This position would probably be best filled by roughly a junior-level developer who can work US-based hours. Remote is OK. This would be an essentially full-time position. Contract is preferred, but if we find the right person we are open to discussion. Please: no “side-gig”/“side-hustle” developers. If this isn’t something you are going to do full-time, please don’t waste our time.
Our team is small (about 3 people). However, we can offer you stable work, challenges, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are a distributed team and use Slack, Zoom, Jira and are all based in the US.
Edit: Please, no recruiters or agencies. Additionally, if your primary “selling point” is your low hourly rate, please do not respond.
Skills/areas of knowledge that are important for this role:
- Ionic v4
- Angular 7+
- Promises & Observables (as well as knowing when you might use each)
Skills that would be excellent to also have (but are not required):
- Laravel / Nginx / MySQL (our back-end stack)
- System ops
Interested parties must be able to show a proficiency with Angular/Ionic. A good example of questions which you should be able to answer without having to consult Google/DDG/etc.
- Create a new component and register it within the application
- Describe what Ionic Native is and why you would use it
- Ability to download a project source repo and run it on a device or emulator without assistance
- Describe what a redux-style store is and why you might use it
- Describe what component style-scope is and why it matters
- Write a service which talks to a backend over HTTP
- Be able to ask questions in regards to new functionality
- Design components or pages based on designs
Our ideal person would also:
- Be a native English speaker (or at least fluent)
- Be willing to work “business hours” (e.g. 9-5/M-F, Central Time)
- Push back and ask questions about things
- Be able to drive the development of new features, given requirements
We are willing to commit to people who are committed to us: helping them to grow professionally and personally.
If you are interested, please email: email@example.com.
Please be patient, as we are really busy and it might take a day or two for us to get in touch with you.
Thank you for your time!