I have always built apps remotely using Adobe’s Phonegap service. I’m wondering if there are any big advantages to building an app locally?
I see the pros of the remote/service based build mainly being:
- no need to maintain local SDKs
- value add services (distribution for testers, hydration, centralized debug server)
The biggest downsides I can see are:
- it does have a monthly cost, for private apps
- not much detail when a build fails
- you can only use the plugins that have been published
Is this an accurate picture? Are there other reasons to build locally?