Keyboard input focus on iOS in v4

Currently in Ionic 4 beta.17 on iOS devices, the keyboard works differently than on Android devices. When you tap on an ion-input, the keyboard appears. The keyboard overlays the content and will scroll to bring the input into view. However, if the input field is at the bottom of the screen and there is not enough space to scroll down farther, the keyboard will simply overlay the input field. This blocks the input field from view. The user has to guess what they have typed.

I actually prefer the overlay feature but wish it tracked the input field as well as Android does. Before I create an issue in Ionic’s GitHub, I’d like to see if any of you have dealt with this recently. Many “fixes” I’ve found for previous Ionic versions haven’t done the trick. Throw me anything you got and I’ll try it out!

If you want to reproduce this, just create a new blank project and create a form with twenty or so ion-inputs surrounded by ion-items and test it on an iOS device.

This is my first post here, so let me know if you need anything else.

3 Likes

I have same problem with you. Any idea ?

I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any solution?

This issue is occurred by ion-grid auto resizing.
Please don’t use input tag in ion-grid and use ion-row and io-col tags only without ion-grid tag in this case