Keyboard and input messes up after rotation on iOS

I’ve got a problem with the inputs and keyboard only on iOS real device and simulator. You can create a simple project with just an input, but to really visualize the problem you need to make the input not reach the top of the screen, so you might wanna add ion-item’s or div’s to make the input appear on the middle of the screen.

If you rotate the device, rotate back and touch on the input the keyboard will be shown, but a white square will appear above the keyboard, pushing the input even higher than intended, sometimes reaching the top of the screen. Nothing can make it get back to normal except of restarting the app, but it will happen again as soon as the screen rotates, this is valid for the screen orientation plugin too.

This is how its behaving: *Note: the white strip is the input
Here the input is working because the screen wasn’t rotated yet:
IMG_0010

Here is after the rotation and when you touch the input:
IMG_0012
You can see the input has been pushed upwards and even creating a white rectangle above the keyboard.

And after another rotation:
IMG_0014
The input has been pushed even further and the rectangle is way more visible.

Apparently this began happening on some of the latest iOS updates. Everything is working fine on ionic 4, but I am working on a legacy software (that i’m already migrating to ionic 4) that still needs support.

ionic info:
Ionic:

Ionic CLI : 5.2.3 (/Users/fullcontrol/.nvm/versions/node/v10.4.0/lib/node_modules/ionic)
Ionic Framework : ionic1 1.3.4
@ionic/v1-toolkit : 1.0.19

Cordova:

Cordova CLI : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
Cordova Platforms : android 7.1.4, ios 5.0.1
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.1.3, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 4.0.0, (and 17 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : 0.5.2 (update available: 0.6.0)
native-run : 0.2.8

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (/Users/fullcontrol/Library/Android/sdk)
ios-deploy : 1.9.4
ios-sim : 8.0.1
NodeJS : v10.4.0 (/Users/fullcontrol/.nvm/versions/node/v10.4.0/bin/node)
npm : 6.10.2
Xcode : Xcode 10.3 Build version 10G8

Here is a Plunker with the basic code on tab-dash.html:

This has been happening in the few latest iOS releases.

Any help is really appreciated.