Issue with CLI installation - Version 2.2.1

I have an issue with my CLI installation.

I keep getting warnings about installing this dependency:

****************************************************** Dependency warning - for the CLI to run correctly, it is highly recommended to install/upgrade the following: Install ios-deploy to deploy iOS applications to devices. `npm install -g ios-deploy` (may require sudo) ******************************************************

However, when I try to run it I get this error. Either with sudo or without:

npm WARN lifecycle ios-deploy@1.9.1~preinstall: cannot run in wd %s %s (wd=%s) ios-deploy@1.9.1 ./src/scripts/check_reqs.js && xcodebuild /usr/local/lib/node_modules/.staging/ios-deploy-298c9491 npm ERR! Darwin 16.4.0 npm ERR! argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install" "-g" "ios-deploy" npm ERR! node v4.4.6 npm ERR! npm v4.2.0 npm ERR! path /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ios-deploy/build/Release/ios-deploy npm ERR! code ENOENT npm ERR! errno -2 npm ERR! syscall chmod npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, chmod '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ios-deploy/build/Release/ios-deploy' npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, chmod '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ios-deploy/build/Release/ios-deploy' npm ERR! enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself npm ERR! enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file. npm ERR! enoent npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request: npm ERR! /Users/hal9000/.npm/_logs/2017-02-21T18_59_34_618Z-debug.log

I’m trying to get an Ionic 1 app to run, but I’m having issues and wonder if this is the cause. I don’t have any trouble running iOS apps on my machine though.

El Capitan?

Use npm install -g ios-deploy --unsafe-perm=true (from https://github.com/phonegap/ios-deploy/issues/262)

2 Likes

No, I’m on the macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Can I still try this on the command line? Or is it meant for El Capitan installations?

Googling for your error this was the first result, and the solution was mentioned specific to El Captian.

But, looking at the readme directly it mentions El Captian or greater: https://github.com/phonegap/ios-deploy#os-x-1011-el-capitan-or-greater There are two more things you should check, so go ahead.

Thanks a lot that worked!

1 Like