Is there a way to open an address in a chosen navigation app using Capacitor 3?

Hello everyone,

I try to implement a way to open a specific address (or coordinates) in a chosen navigation app.

So I need first to retrieve all the navigation app installed on the device to list them to the user.
I need secondly retrieve the choice of the user after click to open the specific app with the needed params for the navigation.

I see this plugin but it seems that this is not compatible with capacitor 3.

I have prepared a custom code using actionSheet and url link to the navigation. It works fine but with this solution, I need to manually list the navigation app and also check if the app is installed. Also, I’am not sure it’s the best approach.

So, my questions is:

1. Is there a capacitor plugin that allow to do this?
  2. Is there a way to retrieve all the navigation applications installed on a device?
  3. What is the best approach to open an app with parameters?
  4. Do you maybe have some advices about it?

Thanks for your help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have used the plugin you have found in a cordova project. You can find instructions to install it for capacitor project here:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to install and configure this plugin but after installation I encountered errors while app building even though using npx cap sync. I’ll try again with a fresh install but at the moment I’m using a custom method to do this using this plugin to determine if the app exists.

(I will close this post so)

Kind regards