Is it possible to create an alarm clock app for android and ios using Capacitor?

I tried to google it, but I could not find any good answers if it is possible or even how. So, is it possible to create an alarm clock app for android and ios using Capacitor?

Yes, you can build any kind of app with Capacitor!

Is there a specific concern you had about building such an app with Capacitor?

Yes. I could not find any info on how to do it, haha. I might be using the wrong keyword when searching.

I’m just researching for the right tool for making this app. Could you point me in the right direction?

I would recommend starting with a React or Angular or Vue tutorial and try to build an alarm clock experience in one of those, and then use Capacitor to bring that to mobile.

It’s hard to say exactly what you would need without knowing more about the type of alarm clock you’re trying to make, unfortunately.

I’m basically looking for the API for the alarm clock, but something tells me that I should use some sort of notification API.

You should be able to do this using LocalNotification Plugin but I am having trouble scheduling notifications with every property.

1 Like

Max can you help me?