Is Angular 8 compatible with ionic 4

Hi,

Angular 8 is not available. Is it compatible with Ionic 4 app? My dependencies are:

"@ionic-native/core": "^5.0.0",
"@ionic-native/splash-screen": "^5.0.0",
"@ionic-native/status-bar": "^5.0.0",
"@ionic/angular": "^4.1.0",

Thx

2 Likes

Did you try? I think to upgrade today but before some official info would be good.

I also want to know。。。。

Well. I got problem at startup.

ng update @angular/cli @angular/core

Package “@agm/core” has an incompatible peer dependency to “@angular/common” (requires “^5.0.0 || ^6.0.0” (extended), would install “8.0.0”).

@agm/core is an old package. No updates for months. It’s not a good example but i use it unfortunately. :frowning:

Is there any other problem with this?

Update command did not work because of this error, for me. I’ll wait a few weeks to update.

I managed to make it run in the browser and it works but when i wanna to run it on the android I’ve got this :
C:\code\Hanoti>ionic cordova run android

ng run app:ionic-cordova-build --platform=android
Could not find the implementation for builder @ionic/angular-toolkit:cordova-build
Error: Could not find the implementation for builder @ionic/angular-toolkit:cordova-build
at WorkspaceNodeModulesArchitectHost.resolveBuilder (C:\code\Hanoti\node_modules@angular\cli\node_modules@angular-devkit\architect\node\node-modules-architect-host.js:49:19)
at RunCommand.runSingleTarget (C:\code\Hanoti\node_modules@angular\cli\models\architect-command.js:176:55)
at async RunCommand.runArchitectTarget (C:\code\Hanoti\node_modules@angular\cli\models\architect-command.js:216:24)
[ERROR] An error occurred while running subprocess ng.

ng run app:ionic-cordova-build --platform=android exited with exit code 1.

Re-running this command with the --verbose flag may provide more information.

C:\code\Hanoti>

Actually, 1.0.0-beta.6 was pushed quite recently, and happens to contain support for precisely the problem you seem to be having here.

2 Likes

I upgraded today without a problem until try to build with cordova. I can run app on browser normally but when i try to build with:

ionic cordova prepare ios

I get:

Error: Could not find module "@ionic/angular-toolkit"

As Discussed Here @ionic/angular-toolkit needs an update for angular 8 but it’s not available yet. Seems like it’s coming soon. Last comments includes a temporarily solution but waiting for update seems like better.

Edit: Personally, after so many changes (Angular CLI, NodeJs 12 etc) i didn’t want to go back so i used temporarily solution. Replaced ionic-angular-toolkit with paulstelzer-ionic-angular-toolkit in angular.json. It’s new version of toolkit that didn’t published yet. I built with cordova and run on device without problem.

yes I did similar to what you did, but you I faced a problems with AppFlow and Ionic Studio when trying to build the app for Ios

I don’t use AppFlow and Ionic Studio so i can not make any comment. :confused:

I want to use them to ease the build process for IOS I dont want to use Mac and Xcode it is deadly silly task !

Just to follow up on this. I am try to upgrade to angular 8 but when I do I get the following:

npm WARN @ionic/angular@4.6.2 requires a peer of @angular/router@^7.2.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

Is angular 7.2.1 the latest version we can currently use?

Hey folks, this has been on our our todo list for a bit and we’re planning on it for the next release.

It’s taken some time as we wanted to make it part of a non-breaking release.

We currently have this google doc in place to help people in the update, please review the doc and if you run into any problem, please open an issue on the main Ionic Repo!

6 Likes