iOS keyboard "Next" button

What is the proper syntax to get the “next” button to display on the keyboard rather than “Go”?

Well the next button won’t appear because by default, ionic projects hide it.

.run(function($ionicPlatform) {
  $ionicPlatform.ready(function() {
    // Hide the accessory bar by default (remove this to show the accessory bar above the keyboard
    // for form inputs)
    if(window.cordova && window.cordova.plugins.Keyboard) {
      //Comment out this line if you want the next and previous buttons
      cordova.plugins.Keyboard.hideKeyboardAccessoryBar(true);
    }
    if(window.StatusBar) {
      // Set the statusbar to use the default style, tweak this to
      // remove the status bar on iOS or change it to use white instead of dark colors.
      StatusBar.styleDefault();
    }
  });
})```

I was referring to the “Next” button on the keyboard itself.

Hmm, I think this is a custom keyboard in obj-c, so I dont think this will be possible.
I played with everything trick I know and could get anything that went to far from this

That could be one option, assuming I can trap the “enter/return” key. And assuming the “Go” button triggers a form submit rather than a keycode 13 keypress.

What was your route to get here? Leaving it out of a form?

I just put together a simple list of inputs. Yes, in this case I left of the form, but I also tried with the form.
So I asked to the devs about this. Seems like it could be something we can add to our keyboard plugin, thought it would be post 1.0

If your form has an ng-submit and the form has a proper <input type="submit">, the “Go” button will submit the form. Otherwise, it does nothing.

Thx @Calendee , this help me a lot
It’s possible to see “next” button on the input and “done” button just for the last input ?

@jeba, yes this is possible, but it’s going to require some native code, obj-c. We’re hoping to add this to our keyboard plugin down the road.

1 Like

Great news, I stay tuned :blush:
Thx for your awesome work !

Any update on this in the latest release.
Need to have the NEXT button on Android soft keybaord as well.

Did you end up finding a solution for this? I desperately need a “Next” button on the keyboard in iOS and am wondering what the options are :).

Cheers,
PJ

Guess no solution yet? Next button would be pretty cool.

+1. This is very common in a native iOS app.

Again, I just want to point out, this a native functionality.
The best place to go for this is the keyboard plugin repo.