IOS deployment works with 10.2 but not 9.3?

Using Ionic Framework. Works well on Android devices. Appears to work on IOS 10.2, but not IOS 9.3.

In 9.3 Things don’t render and Alerts for Radio Input or Multi-selections are blank. Entries are not being interpreted. Just a whole lot of wierdness.

I don’t need to, but it would be nice to have the code work with older devices that use 9.3. Besides, It would be nice to know from an educational aspect.

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 6.5.0
Ionic Framework Version: 3.0.1
Ionic CLI Version: 2.2.2
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.2.1
Ionic App Scripts Version: 1.3.0
ios-deploy version: 1.9.1
ios-sim version: 5.0.13
Node Version: v6.9.1
Xcode version: Xcode 8.2 Build version 8C38

Try attaching Safari to the app and see if there is any useful information in the console. I can tell you it’s not a complete framework incompatibility issue: I’ve gotten Ionic apps running on 9.3.5 with no problems.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Works well on iOS 10.2.1 but not on iOS 9.3.5

#1: Getting one of these for each page such a page named meter and page named calc

Failed to load resource: file:///var/containers/Bundle/Application/29154C02-33F7-4E1D-B6D8-AE1D3653B0B4/MeetingsAnalyzer.app/www/build/meter.module.js.map
The requested URL was not found on this server.

any suggestions?

#2 Getting lots of these errors.

[Error] ERROR – ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: Intl

I think it is due to IOS 9.3 oldness as I am using Date and Currency pipes. I haven’t tried the fix yet.

Per: https://angular.io/docs/ts/latest/guide/pipes.html

The Date and Currency pipes need the ECMAScript Internationalization API. Safari and other older browsers don’t support it. You can add support with a polyfill.

<script src="https://cdn.polyfill.io/v2/polyfill.min.js?features=Intl.~locale.en"></script>
1 Like

I steer clear of those, because the JavaScript i18n is sort of a mess. One thing you might try is adding the wkwebview-engine plugin, as it probably has a better implementation of it.