Ionic2 app show blank screen on android device (4.2.2) using run command and IonicView

When I load the MyIonic2Project tutorial app on my 2 android(4.2.2 and 4.2.1) devices using “ionic run android”, cordova splash screen shows and after a few seconds, a blank screen shows and that’s all. The same thing appends using IonicView on the same devices (Crosswalk is installed).
With ionic1, loading the sidemenuproj on the 2 same devices work fine.
Thanks for helping me.
Sebastien

My system information:

Cordova CLI: 5.4.1
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.0
Gulp local:
Ionic CLI Version: 2.0.0-beta.12
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.0.0-beta.6
ios-deploy version: Not installed
ios-sim version: 5.0.4
Node Version: v5.1.0
Xcode version: Xcode 7.2 Build version 7C68

Livereload for android on device; the connection to the server was unsuccessful

You should run command ionic server or ionic build before built to android to make webpack transpile es6 script to es5 script

The same is happening here.
The white screen happened after installing the cordova package.
It works if i uninstall cordova.

I have the same issue when deploying my app since I upgraded to the last beta the splash screens became white.
@arthurbalfredo What do you mean by uninstalling Cordova? How can you build against Android after?

Did anyone else find a solution to this?

Same issue with ionic upload and using Ionic View. I hope that someone will help us.

@kzr37 If i type

ionic run android 

without cordova, the app starts normaly on my android device.

I was forgetting to run

ionic platform add android

After this i was able to build on the device without the blank screen.

@arthurbalfredo
That doesn’t work for me, even after a “clean” startup project. The ionic commands give the same output as the the cordova command (I have always been using the command you mentioned)

Hey all, I’ve been looking at this issue on github,

https://github.com/driftyco/ionic2/issues/775#issuecomment-166687358

I have not been able to recreate the issue.
Would you be able to comment on the issue there?

Everything work find with Android 5. I thing the problem is “ionic run android” don’t works on Android 4.2.2 and earlier.

Does anyone tried Ionic View to see their app with the latest Ionic 2 framework (alpha45)?

When trying it with a Blackberry Q10, I have the white screen. If I try with Ionic 1, I can see my app. I thought it was because the ionic-platform-web-client, but I don’t know how to install it with Ionic 2. It always asks the bower tool.

When trying with the Webworks tool that comes with the BB10 and both Ionic 1 and 2 app, I can see my app working perfectly!

Not sure to understand why Ionic view does not work anymore… I also asked someone with an iphone to use my app through Ionic view and it is still a white screen. :frowning:

Hi icarus, i have the same problem with alpha45. If i run my app with -l -c works, and on the browser works too. Maybe a cordova problem?

I also had the problem with alpha45 and a Samsung Galaxy S4. After installing crosswalk the problem (blank screen) was solved.

Running the same app via Ionic View does not work, I get a blank screen, also on a Galaxy S5 (I did not try “ionic run android” without crosswalk on the S5). From what I’ve understood from Ionic View website, it does not use the crosswalk plugin: “…View uses the Cordova inAppBrowser plugin to launch your apps in their own separate WebView”, thus that might explain why the app works via “ionic run android” + crosswalk but not via Ionic View.

same problem here with android 4.2.2, note that the app run normally in BlueStack emulator.
any solution for this problem?

thanks

cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview @acodebox

Hello I have the same problem.

If I want to deploy my app on a real device there is the cordova startup image and afterwards a white screen only. Everything works fine inside the browser tough. I use Android 4.3 on a Samsung Galaxy SSomething…

Installing crosswalk didn’t solve it for me.

Same issue. Ionic run android is working fin on Android 5 but not with Android 4.3 (on a Samsung S3). I tried to change my cordova version to 4.2 to add and remove platform but still get a blank screen. any idea will be very welcome. It is worrying if we cannot deploy on older Android versions

i have the same problem.
my phone run on android-version 4.3 and shows a white screen.
i am using the tutorial app.
on another device with android-version 5.0.2 the same code-base is showing up.
what should i do?

i am using ionic 2.0.0-beta.19 and cordova -v 6.0.0

As far as i know Ionic 2 takes as Android min version the same as the Cordova min version, which i think is 4.4 atm.

Using crosswalk solved the issue for me.

installing crosswalk alone didn’t solved it for me.
i had to install the older android platform API 21 / API 22 for the corresponding devices.