Ionic View transition flickering

Okay that is very interesting and potentially relevant information for me!

Right now I don’t have a big database but i’m planning to add realtime messaging to my app and will use Firebase for that. So the messages will get updated in realtime through Firebase and I’d display them in a list.

(either collection-repeat, or I’ll follow your suggestion; are you already aware of the “track by” optimization?)

By the way, I added some info to my previous answer regarding the “controller as vm” pattern that I use. I refrain from putting every item individually into $scope. Instead, I transition to the view, put a spinner/backdrop on top, load and assemble the complete object, and then I put that into the “vm” variable in one go.

Interesting that for you the ‘route resolve’ thing also didn’t work out. It’s recommended in many blog posts by the ‘experts’ but for me it also didn’t work well, so as always you need to judge these things for yourself.

By the way, seeing that you’re also using Firebase: I have some intermittent connectivity issues with Firebase when testing on an Android device: Firebase timeouts, slow responses

Did you experience issues like this? How are your experiences with Firebase in general?

I have to say that apart from these (rare) issues I’m quite happy with Firebase in general. These intermittent connectivity issues are a bit scary though, I’m not sure how concerned I should be.