Ionic v1 third party libraries

With v1 of the CLI, I was able to use the command ionic add parse to add the parse third party library to my Ionic 1 app.

Using v2 of the CLI, I get the following message:

➜ ionic add parse
This command has been deprecated.  All resources are currently available in NPM and we recommend that you use NPM to manage these.
More information is available here: https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-cli/wiki/Migrating-to-NPM-from-bower

bower                     invalid-meta The "name" is recommended to be lowercase, can contain digits, dots, dashes
bower                          skipped ionic was not installed because there is already a non-bower directory with that name in the components directory (www/lib/ionic). You can force installation with --force.
--------------------------------

Bower error, check that "parse" exists,
or try running "bower install --save-dev parse" for more info. (CLI v2.1.1)

Your system information:

Cordova CLI: 6.3.1
Gulp version:  CLI version 3.9.1
Gulp local:   Local version 3.5.6
Ionic Framework Version: 1.3.1
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.1
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.1
OS: Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 
Node Version: v6.7.0 

I understand that ionic add has been deprecated, and we are encouraged to use npm instead of bower, but there is no documentation at the wiki page mentioned above.

Could anybody help me out? How should I install a third party library for an Ionic 1 project now?

@fiznool

Simple: use the bower command. :slight_smile:
It will install the plugin into your www/lib folder. After that, just add the .js file to your index.html and the plugin as a dependency to your app.

Works like a charm, thanks!