Ionic upload failed [Error: Cannot find module '/Users/maurizioperrucci/Desktop/AppElite2/project/node_modules/ionic

i made some changes in local project, when i try to update Ionic View with $ ionic upload i receive this error: Cannot find module ‘/Users/maurizioperrucci/Desktop/AppElite2/project/node_modules/ionic’. Do you know this kind of error? is maybe about path?

What is your ionic info output?
Can you post the complete error message?
Run ionic upload --verbose and post the complete output.

This is ionic info inside my mac

iMac-di-maurizio-2:~ maurizioperrucci$ ionic info
[WARN] You are not in an Ionic project directory. Project context may be
       missing.

cli packages: (/usr/local/lib/node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.7.0
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.7.0

System:

Node       : v6.11.0
    OS         : macOS Sierra
    Xcode      : Xcode 8.3.3 Build version 8E3004b 
    ios-deploy : 1.9.1 
    ios-sim    : 6.0.0 
    npm        : 5.3.0 

iMac-di-maurizio-2:~ maurizioperrucci$

This is ionic info inside project folder

iMac-di-maurizio-2:~ maurizioperrucci$ cd /Users/maurizioperrucci/Desktop/AppElite2/project 
iMac-di-maurizio-2:project maurizioperrucci$ ionic info
{ Error: Cannot find module '/Users/maurizioperrucci/Desktop/AppElite2/project/node_modules/ionic'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:469:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:417:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:497:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/bin/ionic:18:13 code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
iMac-di-maurizio-2:project maurizioperrucci$

This is ionic upload —verbose

iMac-di-maurizio-2:project maurizioperrucci$ ionic upload --verbose
{ Error: Cannot find module '/Users/maurizioperrucci/Desktop/AppElite2/project/node_modules/ionic'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:469:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:417:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:497:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic/bin/ionic:18:13 code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND' }
iMac-di-maurizio-2:project maurizioperrucci$

Run npm install in your project directory again. What is its output?
Does this change anything?

I changed your post to format your code or error message correctly. Please use the </> button above the post input field to format your code or error message or wrap it in ``` (“code fences”) manually. This will make sure your text is readable and if it recognizes the programming language it also automatically adds code syntax highlighting. Thanks.

iMac-di-maurizio-2:project maurizioperrucci$ npm install
npm ERR! code E404
npm ERR! 404 Not Found: de.appplant.cordova.plugin.email-composer@0.8.2

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/maurizioperrucci/.npm/_logs/2017-08-11T13_44_26_672Z-debug.log

```this is the output, nothing has changed....

Meh, that old version of this plugin is probably broken and messes up its ID to download… try to eradicate it from package.json and config.xml. Why are you using such an old version? (March 2015!)

This was requested from the app documentation; anyway previously i had no problem with this and command ‘$upload ionic’ worked perfectly…

Yes, but you didn’t install all the same software versions and one of the more modern versions running now doesn’t handle that. Probably node, npm, ionic or cordova. My tip is different npm because of different node.

Yes, it’s clear… now what can i do without losing the actual work? Uninstall and reinstall everything? Is it possible recovery the project folder loaded on apps.ionic.io? Other suggestion, please?

I hope the work sits safe and sound in a Git or other versioning system repository and can just be checked out from there.